Re: Do Itunes songs play on the DroidX?
jmccoy70
Contributor - Level 2

Will Doubletwist convert the itunes to something playable on the Droidx or will it just play them as they stand?

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

M4P is iTunes protected audio files and you may run into issues converting or playing these files, I have a number of M4V files which is iPhone protected videos and there doesnt appear to be a easy way to convert the files to make them useable... (Got to love apple) :smileyvery-happy:   Try reading this post, it may help.. http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=4409

0 Likes
mike340

You can also try downloading the VCast Media Manager onto your laptop/pc and it will let you sync ur music from your x and play with it just like the itunes library.  It also has an option to let you import or export music between the x and the ipod. it's pretty easy ... i just did for my son last night.  took less than 10 minutes.  it is a good way to purchase music from and to only one source and share it on both the ipod and the x.

0 Likes
jmccoy70
Contributor - Level 2

Thanks I'll give vcast media manager a shot.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

mike340 wrote:

You can also try downloading the VCast Media Manager onto your laptop/pc and it will let you sync ur music from your x and play with it just like the itunes library.  It also has an option to let you import or export music between the x and the ipod. it's pretty easy ... i just did for my son last night.  took less than 10 minutes.  it is a good way to purchase music from and to only one source and share it on both the ipod and the x.

Didnt think of this as a solution, I might give a try also.... Do you know if this will this work for M4V video files also?

0 Likes
mattlar

V Cast Media Manager works great and it's very easy.  BUT - all songs are listed on the phone in alphabetical order, in album view too.  I called Verizon and they do not have any way to fix the sort on the phone.  Everything is sorted correctly on the computer, just not in on the X.  If anyone has any ideas .....

0 Likes
DoneDidDroidX
Contributor - Level 1

You can try also, Motorola Media Link from Motorola. works really well.

Motorola Media Link

0 Likes
ssmith10pn
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm late to the party but all I do is go to music\itunes\itunes media\music on my PC and drag what I want to the MP3 folder on my phone SD card mp3 folder. Windows 7 converts automaticaly.

This works on purchased Itunes, Purchased itune music video as well as non purchased library music.

No third party apps needed.

0 Likes
jmccoy70
Contributor - Level 2

Does the drag and drop function in win 7 work for w4a  w4d w4p and AAC files equally well?

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

It may work for audio files but it appears it doesnt seem to work on M4V files..

0 Likes