Display problem - Day 1
rtpnc6
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have encountered a strange issue with the display on my new Droid Bionic. The images seem to be pulsing from a smooth appearance to a pixelated appearance, sort of like looking at a newspaper photo up close. It almost looks like electrical interference, but I'm on the battery so it's got to be internal. Very annoying to the eye and it happens on all apps and backgrounds. The fonts when composing a message are going from smooth to coarse as well. Videos are exhibiting the same behavior. My Droid 1 never did this!

I'm going back to the store to obtain a new phone. Hoepfully this is a sample problem. The phone is blindingly fast and the 4G network here in Raleigh is incredible! I measured 26.2 mbs download and 3.96 upload when I did my test with technical support.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Display problem - Day 1
rtpnc6
Enthusiast - Level 3

I got the phone replaced. The issue that I was experiencing the display is much reduced (still there if you look carefully). I suppose that it is a feature of having some transparency of the things on the home screen faintly showing the image of the background. Sort of like Aero feature in Windows 7.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
B33
Legend

rtpnc6 wrote:

I have encountered a strange issue with the display on my new Droid Bionic. The images seem to be pulsing from a smooth appearance to a pixelated appearance, sort of like looking at a newspaper photo up close. It almost looks like electrical interference, but I'm on the battery so it's got to be internal. Very annoying to the eye and it happens on all apps and backgrounds. The fonts when composing a message are going from smooth to coarse as well. Videos are exhibiting the same behavior. My Droid 1 never did this!

I'm going back to the store to obtain a new phone. Hoepfully this is a sample problem. The phone is blindingly fast and the 4G network here in Raleigh is incredible! I measured 26.2 mbs download and 3.96 upload when I did my test with technical support.

Hit your Menu Key > settings > then Display > open Display while there if you want to do this Turn down the Brightness alittle i've got mine slid way down an Turn off Auto Brightness then back out again to Display then turn Off your Animations you don't have to have that an i've got it turned off on mine. an this may help what you Seeing on you screen.

Let me know if this helps or not. B33

0 Likes
rtpnc6
Enthusiast - Level 3

I got the phone replaced. The issue that I was experiencing the display is much reduced (still there if you look carefully). I suppose that it is a feature of having some transparency of the things on the home screen faintly showing the image of the background. Sort of like Aero feature in Windows 7.

0 Likes