Difficulty Plugging into Home Dock?
HappyJackDaddy
Contributor - Level 1

Anybody else having that trouble?  It seems really difficult to get the phone to line up so it can slide down onto the two plugs.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

0 Likes
Re: Difficulty Plugging into Home Dock?
dsxdroider

If you mean the multimedia desktop charger, you should return it in exchange for another one. Many of these units are defective. If you have one of the defective units, each time you try to dock your Droid X, you are scratching, stretching, chipping,and/or otherwise damaging both the Droid X housing and/or the microUSB and the HDMI interfaces.

This problem is widely reported on many, many websites/forums. The Droid X should very easily slide down into the dock. Of course, if it is out of line with the dock, you need to adjust the position carefully - and then it should very easily slide down into the dock. Otherwise, you have one of the defective units. Just go to a Verizon store and ask to try out there display dock unit.

If you do not believe me, keep trying to insert your Droid X into the dock, and then carefully inspect your Droid X for indentations, scratches, chips, cracks, etc.

0 Likes
Re: Difficulty Plugging into Home Dock?
Cody21
Master - Level 2

That is precisely why I did not buy the Multimedia Dock  .... when the VZN staff demo'd it at the store, I found that the phone didn't fit quite right into the dock -- specifically the HDMI & USB connectors seemed to feel a bit "forced" ...  I think I'll just stick with the USB charging connector for now.

0 Likes