Did not send in my rebate materials in time
dsxdroider

I purchased my Droid X at a Verizon corporate store on 7/15 (for $300.00 with a 2 year contract). I did not mail in the rebate materials (for $100.00) in time to receive the rebate. I have read the Verizon policy on this matter, and it clearly states that in these circumstances, I cannot receive the rebate (for $100.00).

Does anyone know of any exceptions or whether there is any way around this - anyway still to receive the rebate (for that $100.00)? I hear people who purchased their phones online or at a BestBuy store, for instance, received the rebate automatically built into the price of the phone. Should I be seemingly punished for purchasing my Droid X at a corporate Verizon store? Why does the corporate Verizon store have a tougher policy on rebates than BestBuy or the Verizon Wireless online store? Can anyone articulate good reasons for this? I am overall quite happy with my Droid X and I accept responsibility for how I purchased it and did not receive the rebate. Still, can anyone explain the rationale behind the situation described above just to help me better understand it, or - better yet - suggest a possible avenue for receiving the rebate late?

0 Likes
Re: Did not send in my rebate materials in time
Wildman
Legend

Sorry to tell you that you are most likely out of luck, companies (Verizon as well) usually hold to the pocily that if dont submit rebate in time allowed you are basically out of luck,  now as for the retail stores like Best Buy, Radio Shack and others, they choose to automatically remove the mail in rebates at time of purchase and that is a decision they choose to do, I am sure they are not loosing by doing this but they make the chose so you can not compare to how they work, I believe they somehow makes more of their money off of saling the service plans, not the phones as much so I think this is how they can do the sale this way.

But in the end I would say you probally should just chalk it up to a lost, because if you didnt make the cut off date I dont think you can work somethin out, have you tried to call CS to be sure?

0 Likes
bwcasterlin

that really stinks 300 for that phone!  I got mine for $50 and they tossed in a car dock  got it 2 weeks ago. Im a 16 yr customer

with 3 lines.

call customer service see if they can give you some sort of credit

0 Likes
fyrewood
Enthusiast - Level 2

I also purchased my Droid X from a corporate store on 7/15/10....Look at your rebate receipt a little closer, I just mailed mine in and it said it had to be post marked by 8/21/10 to be eligible....you should still have a few days yet.

0 Likes
splicer8
Enthusiast - Level 3

You can do the rebate online if it's not too late.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

splicer8 wrote:

You can do the rebate online if it's not too late.

Your right, this may be a good suggestion.. If you are not past the late date this should get you in system before its to late..

0 Likes
dsxdroider

I am so busy with work stuff yersterday and today that I should not be using this forum at all. (When I take brief breaks I go to the forum, but yesterday and today - and tomorrow - I am literally working every waking minute on things I need to turn in tomorrow and the next day.) So I have not tried to find my receipt (I know roughly where it is but it will take some looking) to see what the rebate date on it is. I read somewhere online that all rebates must be sent in within 10 days of purchase (which for me is 7/15). But if the receipt says that I have until 8/21, I wll definitely check that out tomorrow and mail it in.

About the online rebate. Can you tell me how to do it? Can you post any links? It was at the rebate portion of the Verizon Wireless website that I read the thing about 10 days. Also, I recall my receipt (and the people at the corporate store where I bought the phone) saying that I have to mail in a large part of my receipt as well as the actual cardboard side of my Droid X box that contains my serial numbers, etc. in order to receive the rebate. Does the online rebate thing/procedure really negate all those requirements? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

0 Likes
AaronTahoe
Enthusiast - Level 3

I purchased mine on 7/15 as well, and the rebate form clearly states that you need to mail all materials postmarked on or before 8/21/10. It is for a $100 rebate on a Droid X purchased before 7/17/10.

I also did the online pre-submission for this and another $100 rebate, but they sent me a rejection on them saying my receipts, bar codes, etc. were not in order. When I called to ask what was missing, they noted that they rejected the ones I setup online, but processed them as new rebate submissions when they got the documents in the mail. I received my rebate cards two days later, a little over a week after mailing them.

In other words, don't bother doing anything online. You will need to mail the documents regardless, and they might ignore the online submission anyway.

Motivate to get your paperwork in order and send it off as soon as you can (this week). You will need a copy of your receipt, the original bar codes on the box the phone came in, and a completed rebate form.

If you lost the rebate form, call Verizon and ask whomever you talk with to email you the rebate form for promotion code 10-150. They will email it to you instantly while you are talking with them.

0 Likes
dsxdroider

Thank you so much. I have everything but the rebate form (and enough time for a postmark of 8/21). Is a postmark of 8/21 good enough? Also, where did you find out about this rebate form? They did not give me one when I bought the phone, nor did they mention anything about it. Thank you again so much.

0 Likes
AaronTahoe
Enthusiast - Level 3

That form came with my phone in the box of all the equipment and accessories. The one for another device was missing though, so that's how I know they will email one to you if you call. They could probably figure out which form you need if you describe it to them on the phone, but I looked at the copy of the one I mailed for the Droid X rebate and it says promotion code 10-150 on it.

The statement to mail it on or before 08/21/10 is bold and underlined like that on the form, so it seems pretty clear that you have until then

0 Likes