Highlighted

Did last weekends' update reduce 4G detection?

I was able to use 4G most of the time at my office before, but so far this week, I have not seen any 4G signal at all.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Did last weekends' update reduce 4G detection?

Novice

I didn't see much change at all where I am.  It didn't detect well before and it still doesn't in marginal areas (despite the VZW micro map showing a solid 4G coverage area).  I'm just not sure if these issues are geographical or a phone design issue.  Some people in different areas never seem to have problems and other in different issues have many problems.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Verizon Employee

There shouldn't be a reduction in 4G coverage . Please remove the battery on your device and retest. Are you still experiencing the issue?

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi Joel, Thanks for replying.

I still have the problem, no more 4G in the office (Bethesda, MD). I already rebooted the phone a lot of times. 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Verizon Employee

Thanks for rebooting your device. You posted your response a week ago. Are you still having signal issues?

0 Likes
Highlighted

Novice

DionM_VZW wrote:

Thanks for rebooting your device. You posted your response a week ago. Are you still having signal issues?

I can assure if we're on these threads, there's an excellent chance we too are having the issues.  Other forums are LOADED with people having these issues or 'no data' issues.

0 Likes
Highlighted

DionM_VZW---I'm still having my issues that haven't been addressed by anyone at Verizon.  I keep having my data connection dropped.  Will you help me? 

0 Likes
Highlighted

I think the problem is still there. i have to toggle airplane mode to get 4G in some of the ares that i knew have 4G.
0 Likes
Highlighted

Novice

tzhou wrote:
I think the problem is still there. i have to toggle airplane mode to get 4G in some of the ares that i knew have 4G.

The issue definitely has not been addressed in that update.  Many people are still complaining about exactly the same issue.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Verizon Employee

Okay. With so many of you in such different areas reporting this same problem, I'll elevate it to Tech Support for resolution. Thanks again, community!

0 Likes