Deleted Emails
SonshineQ
Enthusiast - Level 2

When I delete emails, they go to the "trash" folder.  Is there a way to "empty the trash"?  I already have 900 emails in my trash.  I have another problem with an email that I cannot delete, no matter how I try to do it.  I stopped at a Verizon store while traveling and was told to delete it from my home computer and it should go away.  That doesn't work either.  I am tired of looking at it, but don't really want to go back to a factory setting if I don't have to.  Any suggestions?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Deleted Emails
SonshineQ
Enthusiast - Level 2

This was not a gmail account.  I was unable to un-sync/sync in the settings.  The email address appears there, but only because it is associated with my Facebook account; the only sync option is to sync contacts.  I deleted the email account and re-entered it.  I have found that if I only "look" at emails on my phone and don't delete them from it I am okay - they go away once I delete them from my desktop.  I do think that if there is a trash folder, you should be able to empty it.  Oh well,  I still love my phone - just working through its quirks. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
GrilledCheese
Enthusiast - Level 3

Are you using the "gmail" app or the other "mail" app?

0 Likes
GrilledCheese
Enthusiast - Level 3

May I try suggesting logging out and logging back in, on whatever mail app it is? (if you can)

0 Likes
johnM356
Contributor - Level 1

SonshineQ wrote:

When I delete emails, they go to the "trash" folder.  Is there a way to "empty the trash"?  I already have 900 emails in my trash.  I have another problem with an email that I cannot delete, no matter how I try to do it.  I stopped at a Verizon store while traveling and was told to delete it from my home computer and it should go away.  That doesn't work either.  I am tired of looking at it, but don't really want to go back to a factory setting if I don't have to.  Any suggestions?

Sounds like you are talking about a Gmail account.

Verizon was right - delete from Gmail (empty the trash) on the web - but THEN you need to resync in order for the changes to be reflected on the Droid, otherwise they'll still show there...

On the Droid go to:

Menu > Settings > Accounts & Sync

Under "Manage Accounts" click your Gmail account

Uncheck, then REcheck "Sync Gmail" - it will sync immediately.

While you're in there (Accounts & Sync) make sure the top two options,"Background Data" & "Auto-Sync" are checked as well.

0 Likes
SonshineQ
Enthusiast - Level 2

This was not a gmail account.  I was unable to un-sync/sync in the settings.  The email address appears there, but only because it is associated with my Facebook account; the only sync option is to sync contacts.  I deleted the email account and re-entered it.  I have found that if I only "look" at emails on my phone and don't delete them from it I am okay - they go away once I delete them from my desktop.  I do think that if there is a trash folder, you should be able to empty it.  Oh well,  I still love my phone - just working through its quirks. 

0 Likes