Delete Group in Backup Assistant
Faafil
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have deleted everything in Backup Assistant and changed everything to Gmail to alleviate the duplicate contact information, and to 'fix' the number string for birthdays.

Now when I press Groups in my contacts, it still shows a Group that I named "Texting" in Backup Assistant on the phone, but the group is empty (as it should be). But, there is no way to delete that group. It doesn't appear in Backup Assistant online, just on the phone.

It's just a minor annoyance, but does anyone have a suggestion to get rid of it altogether?

I tried adding a Group with the same name online, and then deleting it, but that didn't work.

0 Likes
Re: Delete Group in Backup Assistant
AyaniB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi Faafil,

I completely understand your concern. Provided is a link that details how to  Delete Mobile Group.  Please let me know if you need further assistance.

Thank you for your involvement in our community forums,

0 Likes
Re: Delete Group in Backup Assistant
Faafil
Enthusiast - Level 3

AyaniB_VZW wrote:

Hi Faafil,

I completely understand your concern. Provided is a link that details how to  Delete Mobile Group.  Please let me know if you need further assistance.

Thank you for your involvement in our community forums,

Thanks AyaniB,

Unfortunately, I tried all that from my pc - the group doesn't exist when I look at it online. It only exists on the phone itself in Contacts, and the group is empty. I cannot find a way to delete the group directly from the phone.

My workaround was to go into Display Settings from Contacts, and uncheck everything in Backup Assistant. Even if it's still there, it doesn't appear in the Contact Group list.

Thank you!

0 Likes