Re: Decisions, Decisions
B33
Legend

This is one the pictures i.ve been wanting to pute on here for long time Now that steam engine you see was built in the 1940's an she's still running.  when they want to pull her out of the Round House an Run Her on a Excursion you'll see young an Old Followiing her Down the Tracks But watch out because them old farts may run over Ya.! :smileyvery-happy:  trying to run along side of Her. 

0 Likes
B33
Legend

3985 U.P. 2.jpeg

0 Likes
B33
Legend

An thats the second picture i wanted to post of the U.P. Challenger 3985. As cool as these picture are  take a look at some of the Videos on YouTube especially when Challenger pulled the Ringling Bros. Circus Train from Cheyenne to Denver it was a first in history for a steamer to do this an i think she broke 2 world records as well. Pretty Cool Ha.! For old Girl Built back in the Forties

One more thing i like to pass on:  she looks big don't she well her older brother they call him Big Boy he was Twice the size of challenger.  He has 4 sets of Driving wheels in Front   an 4 Sets in Back to Challengers 3 an he had Tonns of Power under his  Belly or Boiler.!  An look really close at the Driving wheels the front an back sets are seperate Steam engines you can see this by looking at the Drive Cylinders. an also this steam Engine articulates.  it's hinged in the center of the drive sets so as it goes Thru the Curves. An you can see this on some of Video's The Boiler will Swing out.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Too look at a bigger picture of 3985 click on DincX110 an then scroll to the bottom of the page an then click on the Picture

0 Likes