Dead Sparrow
SRD
My Droid refuses to complete the download of my twitter account information. When I try to add the twitter account, it goes a little over half way, and then stalls - 3G or WiFi same result. This droid wont tweet.
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Dead Sparrow
AluminumFlcn

Don't have my Droid X yet, but I'll try to help any way I can.  Please forgive me if I suggest that you do something that you've already done.

So the install craps out halfway through when using 3G or with wi-fi ?  If it were me, I'd perform these troubleshooting steps:

1.  Kill any unnecessary apps running in the background, as it may be possible that one of them is interfering somehow.

2.  Try a battery pull.   Pop it out....wait 10 seconds....pop it in and try once more.

3.  After doing the above, try using just the 3G network.  I've read too many forum posts elsewhere indicating various issues people had with connecting to WiFi with their Droid.  Most of them solved the issue by reconfiguring their router's security.

4.  Try again a little later.  It's possible, though unlikely, that the Twitter download server is experiencing heavy traffic, or is crapping out a little.    As I said....unlikely though.

5.  If all else fails.....starting hitting Google with your issue.  I'd be willing to bet that you're not the first to experience this, and there's a fix out there somewhere.

~  AF

0 Likes