Data only plan on the Droid X
squinene

Just bought a Droid X online the other week, can't wait for it to arrive even though it's going to take 3 weeks lol.

Anyways my only stipulation for purchasing was that I get a txt and data plan only, and not pay for a set amount of minutes I will never use anyway.  After reading a few places online I'm a little worried because they say it isn't possible. 

But just before purchasing the online service rep told me it was, that i just set the order with a regular plan and then call customer care and cancel the voice as soon as the phone arrives and i will only be paying for txt and data like i want.  Was this information wrong?

If so, I'm going with sprint and an evo 4g, with a company discount it would be cheaper with them if i have to buy a voice plan anyway, what should i do?

0 Likes
Re: Data only plan on the Droid X
TTRedRaider10

Why would you not to make phone calls? Weird.

0 Likes
squinene

LoL maybe....

Some kind of phobia I assume, it's just not pleasant.  I just have no interest in making, or recieving calls for that matter.  I have even less interest in paying for a service I don't use for years like i did with my iphone.

0 Likes
TTRedRaider10

Hmm.. sorry, didn't mean to come across rude if I did. Just never heard of anyone doing that before.:smileyhappy:

0 Likes
basspro
Contributor - Level 1

I have never heard of data-only plan.

0 Likes
TestMan
Enthusiast - Level 3

I hope this eases the worry. There are data only plans and the rep could put a text package on for you.

I hope this helped

0 Likes
basspro
Contributor - Level 1

Yep, looks like $34.99/month.

0 Likes
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

TTRedRaider10 wrote:

Why would you not to make phone calls? Weird.

I rarely use my G1 for phone calls. The 300 minutes I have with it pretty much go to waste every month. I only use the phone for internet and messaging purposes. Also take the side of the people whom are deaf. They most likely don't want to talk on the phone. Would rather depend on internet and messaging

0 Likes
DoneDidDroidX
Contributor - Level 1

Great One, you took the words right our of my mouth. I know several hearing impaired people who use their phones for everything but, phone calls.

0 Likes
Uncarich
When you get a VZ plan for a pc it is data without voice why not on DX?
0 Likes