Data Roaming: On or Off in the USA?
thekroll

Recently I was on a trip with my family down to Florida, and on the way, my phone told me that I was "roaming". Or, I suppose, using the Extended Network. On my phone, I have data roaming unchecked. Although my phone shows the symbol of roaming I was in the USA, so technically it shouldn't be "roaming", just using the extended network... I heard if you go outside USA, even if you have the unlimited data plan, you get charged for data use.

My questions is: Do you get charged for data use when you use the extended network in the USA? Should I check data roaming if I know I will never go outside America?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Data Roaming: On or Off in the USA?
Not applicable

We do not charge for data services anywhere in the United States.  This includes Alaska and Hawaii.  You should have data roaming turned on because your phone may read the extended network as roaming even though there are no additional charges for it.  The only reason you would be billed for roaming charges is if you exit the United States.  

Thanks for posting!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Data Roaming: On or Off in the USA?
Not applicable

We do not charge for data services anywhere in the United States.  This includes Alaska and Hawaii.  You should have data roaming turned on because your phone may read the extended network as roaming even though there are no additional charges for it.  The only reason you would be billed for roaming charges is if you exit the United States.  

Thanks for posting!

0 Likes