DROID X2 - using punctuation in text is freezing keyboard
NikkiNoodle1127

Hi! I'm hoping someone can help and am hoping it's an easy fix (though I'm not confident! lol)...

I've had my Droid X2 for about a month now (LOOOOOVE IT!!!). Suddenly when I was texting today, when I hit the period on the keyboard three times, the keyboard froze on the screen. I was able to get out of messaging and navigate through my phone, however, the keyboard was still frozen on the screen.

I would shut off my phone to clear the keyboard from the screen (now I just avoid punctuation - which is not fun! lol). I tried resetting the phone to fix the issue (powered off, removed battery). I also tried updating my roaming capabilities (dialed *228) - hey, you never know! lol Neither of these attempts fixed the issue.

I have the extended warranty so I imagine it's still covered, but I obviously would like to try to avoid replacing the phone. I have considered doing a factory reset, but am hoping to avoid this solution (if possible!) as well.

Any thoughts/suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks so much,

Nikki :smileyhappy:

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: DROID X2 - using punctuation in text is freezing keyboard
Not applicable

In addition to clearing cache, I would also suggest to download a third party app and try texting with that.  This well help us narrow if there is something wrong with the default text app.  Please repost with results.  Thank you.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vereyezuhn
Master - Level 3

Try going to Settings -- Applications -- Manage Apps -- Select your texting, and keyboard app and select Clear Cache for both.

0 Likes
Not applicable

In addition to clearing cache, I would also suggest to download a third party app and try texting with that.  This well help us narrow if there is something wrong with the default text app.  Please repost with results.  Thank you.

0 Likes
x324nd13n1c013

I don't see and texting or keyboard app on my phone.

0 Likes
x324nd13n1c013

Nevermind. They are under different names so I couldn't find them at first.

0 Likes
x324nd13n1c013

I only cleared cache for my 'Multi-touch keyboard' and it seemed to have solved the problem. Thank you so much.

0 Likes
x324nd13n1c013

I have to do this atleast once a week now. Atleast I now know how to fix it for a little while.

0 Likes
juliez

I tried to go in and clear my cache but it already says there's nothing in it, and my keyboard still freezes. I also tried downloading another app for texting and had the same issue. Any other fixes?

0 Likes
Cody21
Master - Level 2

Have you tried the CLEAR CACHE proceudre at Power up? or just via the Settings / Applications?

Wiping cache partition

• Power off
  • Power On Holding Home Key
  • When Andy with Exlamation Point Shows up Press BOTH Volume keys
  • Use Volume Keys to navigate to "wipe cache partition" and tap power button to select
  • Wait for it to finish and select reboot system
0 Likes
juliez

When does Andy show up? I think I turned that off when I first got the phone so when I powered up my phone it just went to the main screen.

0 Likes