DROID X2 - using punctuatio​n in text is freezing keyboard.
msride

Hi, I saw this post in a previous posting that was marked solved, but I am still having issues with the texting. When using the period, it freezes up the entire text and nothing will work. I have tried clearing data through the applications, are there any other suggestions to correct this? Phone is 2 months old and I have factory reset it 10 times. Thanks

0 Likes
Re: DROID X2 - using punctuatio​n in text is freezing keyboard.
LenaA_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello msride,

I understand the importance of having a working device at all times. Are you still experiencing this issue? Have you disabled the word prediction by going to "Menu > Settings > Language & Keyboard > Multi-touch keyboard > uncheck 'Next Word Prediction'"? If not, this needs to be done which may resolve this issue.  If this step was already completed, you will then need to follow the next step which is performing a hard reset. 

To perform a hard reset, follow the steps below:

From a home screen, select App menu (located in the lower right).

1. Select Settings.
  2. Select Privacy.
  3. Select Factory Data Reset.
  4. To clear all personal data, ensure Erase internal storage (media area) is enabled then select Reset Phone.
    Note Enabled when a check mark is present.
    Note If presented, enter the current passcode or draw the unlock pattern.
  5. Select Erase Everything

Once everything is erased, you may need to activate your phone again by dialing *228 + Send and choose option 1. 

Thank you,

0 Likes