Re: DROID X SELF REBOOTING?????
Mjnub1
I have had 3 replacements they all get extremely hot n reboot
0 Likes
Lgordon

This has been plaguing me since I have had the phone. Very random,

phone just sitting and a rebooting. I have had one instance of a complete shut down.

Reset the phone and added just a few programs and still restarting.

Went to Verizon and was told to wait for the 2.2 upgrade. Came back home and

another reboot. Called Support was walked through another reset. This time

I did 2 hard resets, pressing start and home twice and one reset through the phones

normal reset mode. Formatted my SD card and now back to factory new.

I will now run factory, no additional programs and see what happens.

If I missed swapping out for a new phone through Verizon advice I will pop a cork.

My hope is it is a issue the the phones OS.

Here is a post I found the Motorola is aware of the problem.

http://androidheadlines.com/2010/08/droid-xs-are-having-rebooting-issues.html

0 Likes
Cody21
Master - Level 2
Mine has for the most part been flawless. I finally got around to using the google nav. system yesterday. After turning on the gps and enroute, it rebooted. Then was fine for the rest of the trip. Only other time it rebooted was when I was trying out the WiFi. Seems as long as I stay away from those it is very stable.
0 Likes
DroidXluv

So my question is, if a lot of owners (including my X) are having this problem with random reboots and the update does not fix the problem...does verizon recall or replace all of the phones that have this issue? I dont see how they could NOT do anything about this issue if the update does not fix it. Random reboots seems like a serious issue if you ask me. Any ideas on this?

0 Likes
dr10129

I'm having the same problems with my DX

0 Likes
dmw4814
My Droid X just rebooted for the umpteenth time while using VZ Navigator; sounds to me like it might be a bug with the GPS since I've heard complaints of this happening with Google Maps too. I also had to pull the battery because it locked up with the Android eye frozen on the screen, and pressing buttons did nothing.

Sounds like a pretty serious bug to me. C'mon, Verizon - what's up with this?
0 Likes
Lgordon

For me if it continues after the update and I have been running Stock I will

demand a new replacement. If that one does the same thing I will

force the issue for a different phone.

To have a new phone with Market Place on it and be told that those

programs are causing the problem is **bleep** anyway. I can not add programs

for fear it will cause my phone to reboot.

0 Likes
shephound

I've had droid x for a week now and have been suffering through frequent lockups and reboots (13 reboots yesterday).  Verizon told me to install a task killer, which I did, but that didn't make a difference at all (maybe made things worse).  So I reset the phone and checked for updates.  Did not turn on anything, did not load any new apps, did not add my gmail account, did not turn on gps or anything along those linese.  And about a minute after setting the phone down, it rebooted on it's own while sitting on the desk.  Looks like I'll have to play the replacement game, which I don't have time for.  Ready to go back to my Moto at this point.

0 Likes
ChaunceyM_VZW
Contributor - Level 3

I'm sorry to hear about the problems encountered with your phone. I'm very confident that we can find a solution. I will send a Private Message to you. Please reply with the requested information. 

ChaunceyM_VZWSupport

0 Likes
Drjamz

Hello Verizon,

My Droid X does reboot by it self for no reason and have reported it to Verizon several times. Have received 3 replacement phones all reboot by itself.  Each time did the factory reboot without adding any extra applications and still rebooted by itself.  Hopefully the software upgrade on May 13, 2011 will fix the bugs in the phone.  Droid X is a great phone but  the reboot gets really frustrating. 

0 Likes