DROID X SELF REBOOTING?????
wcody21721

Ok, I got my new Droid X on September 9th and since I've had it the phone seems to reboot itself 3-4 times a day without reason.  I call verizon to tell them the problem and i get "its news to us"...Strange as I read several forums about many people having the same issues and verizon is replacing the phones....So how can they say they know nothing about the problem.....smh........Hey Verizon....Just admit their is a problem and FIX IT!

Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: DROID X SELF REBOOTING?????
Rescue814
Enthusiast - Level 3

I had that problem, did a factory reset a couple of times but none in the last 45 days.

0 Likes
DaLlama
Enthusiast - Level 3

this is a  known problem and well documented...if it keeps happening, may want to consider getting a replacement.

0 Likes
melodyj
I had the same problem they said the same to me sent me another phone and thisbone does it too
0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Here is a nice rule of thumb to consider, when you are having issues with a device and are using a number of applications installed, save yourself confusion and try hard resetting the device. A number of users blame the device before they isolate other possibilities, if you had a device show a issue and the unit is replaced and the new device has the same issue this should be clear that the device most likely not causing the issue.

Try removing all installed application and see if issues stop because incompatible software is usually the nature of rebooting.

0 Likes
wulf1C
My screen hung up and shutdown today. It's the first time it happend to me. This could be one of two things or both. 1) you have a home launcher like ADW installed. 2) you have a different web browser installed, i have dolphin hd on my phone. One or both could be doing it which i believe what it is in my case. Like wildman says remove some of those apps and see if that works. Im going to do the same.
0 Likes
Ed_in_CT

Do you have an App Killer?  such as advanced app killer.  I bet if you remove that program it solves most of those issues.

0 Likes
dmw4814

My Droid X reboots by itself, too - seems to only happen when running VZ Navigator!

I already did a hard reset and reinstalled VZ Navigator - still happens.

Dennis

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

dmw4814 wrote:

My Droid X reboots by itself, too - seems to only happen when running VZ Navigator!

I already did a hard reset and reinstalled VZ Navigator - still happens.

Dennis

When you did hard reset and reinstalled VZ Navigator did you install any other apps?

0 Likes
dmw4814

Just the FaceBook app and Opera Mini.

Dennis

0 Likes