DROID - Water Damaged Phone and Battery Fresh outta the box!
Greyskyy

Just opened the FedEx box and there it was, my new DROID.  Could not wait to open it, activate it, and then off to the races, HOW EXCITING. 

PROBLEM - The interior of the box where the phone sits was ripped, as if the Terminator had pulled the phone out of the box prior to shipping.  Then the battery which was wrapped in plastic and sealed with a sticker was "Water Damaged" according to the little sticker.  THEN the phone has it's own sticker, and that was red as well.  GREAT water damaged during shipping.  It did not rain in between the purchase and the delivery and the shipping packaging was intact.  It seems I was sent a "return" or someone packing orders last night spilled their coffee on my phone and shipped it anyway.

I have always considered the "Water Damage Sticker!" to be the most ridiculous of measures, but I rolled with the punches like everyone else because we are not given a vote on such things.

So now the **bleep** these companies push on us, has come full circle and bit me on the backside.  Great!  I am moving to ARUBA once I get a good "DROID" because it barely ever rains on the island, and we all know that these stickers change colors when you walk in the rain with the phone in your pocket.  Hope you bought the insurance cause you will need it!

0 Likes
Re: DROID - Water Damaged Phone and Battery Fresh outta the box!
Zehan
Contributor - Level 2
...or you could just return the phone because FedEx damaged it during shipping. Just contact Verizon and explain what happened. Did you contact FedEx to tell them they'd damaged the package?
0 Likes
Greyskyy

Original post was done in haste when I opened a box, and wanted to play with my new toy.  I went to the Verizon Wireless Store, and it was replaced in seconds.  Kudos to the VZW employees!

I now have to figure out the phone.

0 Likes
AFguy
Contributor - Level 2

Im glad you were able to exchange it in the store.  Enjoy your droid as I have been doing.  BTW i hope you do have the insurance policy on your plan, as it would be very expensive to replace if you ever have to in the future.  :smileytongue:

0 Likes
fezzik
Contributor - Level 3

Yeah this was the first time I got the full blown insurance cause I do not want to go back to the phone I had before.  It served me well but after all the features and cool stuff I can't imagine using it anymore. 

0 Likes