DROID Charge Bluetooth Sync With Acura TSX (Handsfreelink) issues
kingshah

I have an Acura TSX 2011 w/Tech Package. I have a lot of trouble with pairing this Samsung Charge with the TSX. I had samsung Omnia Previously and there were no issues with pairing that phone with this car. However, Samsung or Verizon must fix this issue completely for Samsung Droid Charge, or I have to pursue legal channels to obtain compensation. There is no way I am letting verizon or Samsung off the hook. 

If I can't use Bluetooth (one of the most basic functions now on any Smartphone) I have to either hold my phone in my hand while driving or use speakerphone (also have to hold that while driving). In Connecticut, it is illegal to drive while on the phone at the same time. If Verizon cannot get this issue fixed, then I have to report this to the Attorney General and seek legal remediation because verizon is legally obligated to provide phone that supports handsfree in Connecticut and that includes Bluetooth. 

Hopefully someone at verizon is reading this.

Good Day!

0 Likes
Re: DROID Charge Bluetooth Sync With Acura TSX (Handsfreelink) issues
GreenRobot
Contributor - Level 3

I noted the same issue with the 09 TSX as well. I know it's not an issue with the vehicles Hands Free Link because I have used the Droid X and Thunderbolt on most Acura models and have no problems. If you are still within the time you can return the I would do so asap and get something different. I have verified the Charge works on late model MDXs ( 07-11 ) and most TLs (04-11) but I do not know why it's not compatible with the newer TSX. I have seen many other bluetooth complaint threads and on some the VZW employees have said they know there is a problem but there is no real info on if there is going to be a fix for exact issue or if said fix will ever manifest. Personally I say go to the store or call in and simply request a different device. Good Luck, you're going to need it. 

I am going to go get in a TSX today and see if I can figure anything out because I have seen were some BMW drivers have figured out a work around. I'll post it if I do or do not come up with anything. 

0 Likes
ChristinaB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi Kindshah,

I regret to learn of the issues you are experiencing with your Acura and the Bluetooth connectivity with the Samsung Charge. Please note that the Bluetooth car kit connectivity issues with the Samsung Charge are under investigation by ourproduct management team. We are currently working with Samsung for a fix.

Thank you for your posting, and for your patience in this matter. Have a good day!

0 Likes
GreenRobot
Contributor - Level 3

kingshah, I just got into a 2010 TSX without navigation and was able to pair, make calls, and use bluetooth audio.  I see you noted that you have a tech package so I am going to try and get my hands on one to perform the same tests. I have been in touch with ChristinaB_VZW about bluetooth issues so I would like to narrow down the vehicles that are having these issues so they can be tested hence the reason for my slightly premature update on a vehicle that does not have the same equipment as yours. 

Again I will post with any more updates. 

0 Likes
GreenRobot
Contributor - Level 3

Ok I do not have a 2010 TSX tech but I tried it in a 2011 TSX tech and guess what! it worked on that one also. I would like to reflect back to when I was all over this forum complaining about my Bluetooth issues. I have a Pioneer navigation system in my car that has bluetooth calling and audio capabilities. When I was swapped out from the Thunderbolt to the Charge I was very disappointed to find that my new Charge would not work on my Pioneer and my Thunderbolt was perfect. I excepted it because I hated the Thunderbolt so much at the time because I just wanted a phone with a good data connection and no rebooting. So after sadly entering my car for weeks on end without being able to use my bluetooth audio I just decided to try it again. This time magically it work and has ever since. The VZW peeps were glad to hear this because it would be one last thing I was jumping down their backs about but I was sadly disappointed that they didn't take an interest as to why weeks later I have a connection. This seems to be the case also with these TSXs because I drove a few and again was angry that they didn't work but today as I go out and try to give you a gleam of hope I find that ( aside from some slightly poor audio quality ) the dang thing is working. So I guess it's up to the Samsung Bluetooth gods to decide if they are going to grant you your Bluetooth wishes. Wish I was more help but it looks like you're either going to have to deal with it, get a different device, or pray for a cure. 

ChristinaB_VZW From what I gather from all this is maybe when you send this info to product investigations tell them to try a new device and not one that has been used. Just a thought but even a used one should have the popping crackeling noise coming through. So I guess there are two issues. Thanks G

0 Likes
MaxBuck
Contributor - Level 1

Suggestion: try turning off the phone book access profile (PBAP) service in your phone before getting into your car.  This is accomplished by entering settings: applications: running services; then look for the PBAP service (it should be one of two that have the Bluetooth logo appearing next to its name); then pressing it to disable.  Ignore the warning.

I was never able to use my phone with my Kia's Bluetooth set until I did this.  The phone book does not transfer, but at least the speaker headset works.

0 Likes
sallycell
Enthusiast - Level 2

MaxBuck, try turning off the OppServer instead of the PBAB. It works in my Kia Forte SX. The phone connects and the phonebook transfers.

0 Likes