Re: DRUID Bionic No Data Connection
Stig
Enthusiast - Level 1

Im on the west coast experiencing data fluctuations with the Bionic I got yesterday, where is loses connectivity. There is no 4g here so I don't have the issue of the alleged "switching" problem which I think is absolute **bleep** coming from VZW. However it drops data whenever it feels like it, also even when connected to Wifi it loses connection. So I don't think this is just a "Network" issue, it is a Hardware issue.

VVerizon refuses to address the issues of its customers, I spent 16 hours in total when I bought the iPhone 4s went through 3 replacements and still had the same issue. All within 27 days, and they wouldn't switch my phone out. They would be happy to rob another line of its upgrade or charge me full retail to upgrade. CMON VERIZON, seriously?? 3 phones in 27 days when I had problems in the first week? But because I jumped through all of your "Technical hoops" and wasted time it took to get replacements you then will no longer honor a worry free guaranty? WOW way to care about your customers.

Utah_patriot
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am sick and tired of losing data all the time Verizon needs to man up and push out a update.

I am on my 3rd Bionic for various issue's this whole data thing and disappearing apps along with minor glitches tells me Verizon does not care about the consumer just the almighty dollar.

Tech support tier 1 and tier 2 have no clue how to fix problems. They just say here let me send you another refurbished phone so I can get you off the line and move on to the next caller.

And my VZWSupport on twitter is a joke they have not fixed anything it takes them all day to get back and they skirt issues you bring up to them about their flawed phones.

0 Likes
PhilipB

It does not matter if there is 4g or not. Ive been running my phone just on CMDA for a week or two now and it does not make the problem any better or worse. 

0 Likes
Re: DROID Bionic No Data Connection
jsprake1

Always this phone is a data fighter and Verizon doesn't care.

0 Likes
kiltedcueball

Unfortunately I'm not able to scroll through all of the subsequent posts and replies in the thread.  Thank you for letting us know about the workaround.  It's now several months later and my new Bionic has the same problem: multiple bars but will not have a data signal unless I'm using WiFi.  Was Verizon able to come up with a fix or are we still toggling into and out of airplane mode?

Thanks

0 Likes
HighDesert
Contributor - Level 2

The soon-to-be-released update .902 is in final testing.  Testers who had connection trouble before .902 are reporting that their connection problems are gone or much-reduced with .902.

Your connection troubles may be gone soon.

kiltedcueball wrote:

Unfortunately I'm not able to scroll through all of the subsequent posts and replies in the thread.  Thank you for letting us know about the workaround.  It's now several months later and my new Bionic has the same problem: multiple bars but will not have a data signal unless I'm using WiFi.  Was Verizon able to come up with a fix or are we still toggling into and out of airplane mode?

Thanks

elico3000

My System Version is 5.9.902.XT875.Verizon.en.US. Is that the .902 you're referring to? Still, I rarely have a good 3G data connection.

0 Likes
smordarski
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same problem here.  Never had any problems with my first Droid that only did 3G.

I read a good article about why Verizon has problems with ALL 4G phones and why they had to switch to using SIM cards.

I never had any problems with my Bionic not having data unless on WiFi until two days ago when I went over my minutes for the first time in 5 years.  They temporarily blocked my calls, data and texts so I would have to call them.  When they unblocked my service, I had a connection for about five minutes and then nothing since.

I've talked to tech support twice and have removed the battery and sim card, done the 60 seconds off with no battery and held down the power button (which, by the way, does absolutely nothing, according to Motorola since there is no battery in the phone...), tried airplane mode, turned data roaming on and off, etc., etc.

So, I guess I'm pay $30 a month extra for data connectivity that I can't use.

What further upsets me is that I just bought a car dock for the phone so I could retire my 10 year old GPS which has never had a problem.  The phone GPS needs data to work, my dedicated GPS doesn't.  Well, I use my GPS every day and I was out in an area where I had no idea where I was when this problem decided to kick in.  Luckily I had my trusty old GPS with me.  It just pissed me off.  $108 a month for a phone that data doesn't work on and I only get 450 minutes? WTF???

Ptreazy

So I had this same issue with my new Bionic and what had happened was I installed so new launchers which I did not like but after I uninstalled them I kept getting the no data connection error and nothing was working unless I had wifi on.  But I figured it out I went to the Settings > Battery and Data Manager > Data Delivery > and Data Enabled had been unchecked somehow.  Once I rechecked that everything came backup fine, internet, company email, etc.  I hope this helps someone.

0 Likes
WCrispy

Had this issue for about 2+ weeks now in SoCal.  Nothing has been working except pulling the battery and rebooting the phone.  Such a major pain in the ass!

0 Likes