DROID 2 Failure
DGreen1153

I have been a customer Of Verizon for almost 3 years. I have had 9 Droid 2 phones in the last 2 1/2 years. The software have been going bad in them each time according to the Rep at the Verizon stores. The screen freezes up and I have to power the phone off each time in order to use the phone. They send me another phone each time but I have to reload all my apps that I use back on the phone each time. I would think that if someone had all this trouble with a Device they would replace it with another phone as in a upgrade to top the customer from having so much o a problem with the Device. My bill runs about 250.00 a month and as much as I am paying for this I would think they would try to keep a customer satisfied. The store in Anniston said they could not give me a upgrade till Verizon approved it. I just hate to keep addinf apps each month it is getting rough doing this everytime I get another phone.

>Full name removed<                                                                                           

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Re: DROID 2 Failure
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

DGreen1153 wrote:

...  The screen freezes up and I have to power the phone off each time in order to use the phone. They send me another phone each time but I have to reload all my apps that I use back on the phone each time. ... I just hate to keep adding apps each month it is getting rough doing this everytime I get another phone.

I'm quite new to the Droid world, but reading your post, it occurs to me that the problem *could* be with one or more of the apps you are "loading back onthe phone" each time.  Poorly coded apps, conflicts with other apps - those could cause the behavior you describe and mess up the software on the phone.

It will take time, but try using the phone without any added apps, then add the apps one at a time and use the phone in between to see if you can figure out if it IS a bad app that's causing the issues.  One app can max out the RAM and cause the phone to crash... having a couple of apps that hog the RAM can freeze things up.

I have an anti-virus running on my phone too - just in case....

0 Likes
Re: DROID 2 Failure
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Good afternoon DGreen1153!

Right off the bat, it's expected here that whether you're with us for one month or ten years, your experience (with our network, device, and working with our team) needs to be world class. So, I'm terribly sorry for the devices issues you've dealt with but we're here now to address them and set you up for success going forward. After all, I can understand a replacement here and there, but I don't want only replacements to be in your device history.

Now, screen freezing issues are definitely problematic and sure do slow down our productivity. When under the manufacturer's warranty we do have to honor same model replacement unless you choose to upgrade (you can verify your date by dialing #UPG). And with the amount you're paying, we want you happy with your phone and don't want you having to add apps back each month. So, let's talk about troubleshooting your current DROID 2. As suggested by a fellow community poster, this may be an issue with an app that you are adding back to your phone. My recommendation would be to launch your phone in safe mode http://vz.to/o5McAQ . That will disable third party applications and allow us to isolate the issue so we can better identify if an app is responsible in case your device begins to function properly. Please let us know how it works.

EvanO_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes