DID FACTORY RESEST PROBLEMS NOW
gej1
Contributor - Level 1

phone was rebooting daily ,apps force closing,sluggish.SoI did a completefactory reset through settings.Running smooth but now I can't move apps from app drawer to any screen. I can put widgets on home screens but can't put icons on any screens.

After reset everything runs smooth no reboots or force closes Ijust can't add icons to any screens.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: DID FACTORY RESEST PROBLEMS NOW
gej1
Contributor - Level 1

I withgot it to work with left menu button with shortcut and application.I ran adw.ex.  I just wantee to see if stock ran .first time trying stock Just seeing if it took away some of the issues with gb.Even my org. droid had CM7.SO I did a factory reset started from scratch.It is a hassel to save every thing on pc and reload phone with pictures and music.I think everybody should do a factory reset .It makes appreciate all the work that goes in these phones.

thanks    Gary

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Are you using the stock launcher or by chance are you using ADW because you can lock the desktop with ADW so you cant add or remove any icons without unlocking first...   If you are using stock have you tried to add the short cut from the add menu and see if it works...

STOCK

While on page click left menu and select Add / Shortcuts and Applications....   If that works try and make sure you have your finger in center of icon win you try to add it to desktop because the stock UI is a bit touchy like that to make it work..

ADW EX

To unlock click Menu on Home Page and select More / Unlock Desktop

0 Likes
gej1
Contributor - Level 1

I withgot it to work with left menu button with shortcut and application.I ran adw.ex.  I just wantee to see if stock ran .first time trying stock Just seeing if it took away some of the issues with gb.Even my org. droid had CM7.SO I did a factory reset started from scratch.It is a hassel to save every thing on pc and reload phone with pictures and music.I think everybody should do a factory reset .It makes appreciate all the work that goes in these phones.

thanks    Gary

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

gej1 wrote:

thanks    Gary

Yeah I always suggested this but users feel its to much trouble but in my opinion you can cut out a lot of trouble if they reset at the start instead of spending weeks being upset at the update when the issue isnt all together the update most of the time..

Glad the reset worked for you and you got everything straught..

0 Likes