Custom notification ringtones?
abbitha7
Enthusiast - Level 3

I've been trying to load a notification ringtone from my previous phone. I loaded it onto my computer and then onto my DroidX. It's in .mp3 format. It will not work. I put some other ringtones on there too and none of those will work. I've looked around the forum and tried downloading Ringo Lite and Ringdroid, but neither of those will even open the files. I'm not sure what to do. I really want to have my custom ringtones. Any suggestions? Thanks!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Custom notification ringtones?
Wildman
Legend

The Droid X uses mp3 and ogg files for audio and notification but all 3rd party apps use mp3, have you tried restarting? Sounds like you mat be having issues thar been reported before, try restarting..

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

You might want to give more info, like what type of errors are you getting if any... Its hard the instruct you when the only thing is clear is they wont play...

0 Likes
abbitha7
Enthusiast - Level 3

The only thing I'm getting is::: when I try to open the ringtones using ringdroid, it says "error playing file." When I try to do anything with them in ringo lite, they will play, but they all sound like the same generic ringing tone. I'm not sure if that makes sense. I may just need to convert them to MIDI, but I do not know.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

The Droid X uses mp3 and ogg files for audio and notification but all 3rd party apps use mp3, have you tried restarting? Sounds like you mat be having issues thar been reported before, try restarting..

0 Likes
abbitha7
Enthusiast - Level 3

That did the trick. Thank you!

0 Likes