Cox email issue
pjmason

My droid x was replaced last night by Verizon which was great. Using the same email settings for my Cox email and will not work. All others emails worked fine. I tried to enter other Cox emails that work on other phones and nothing.  it is a pop 3 email. I used pop.east.cox.net port 110 and smtp.east.cox .net port 25.    I have used port 995 & 465 for secure on the old phone and worked fine. I think it is in the port settings but not sure. HELP!!!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Cox email issue
Oleander315
Enthusiast - Level 1

Outbound port is going to be 587. Where it says Username and Password, "optional", enter that info. It is by no means really optional. Make sure SSL is set to 'on' and authentication is set to 'password'.

User Name is first part of your cox email address (minus the @cox.net) Password would be the same one you would use if you were to sign into webmail for example (also case sensitive).

View solution in original post

0 Likes
MsDroidX
Contributor - Level 2

I have Cox and use the same pop (pop.east.cox.net) and smtp (smtp.east.cox.net) servers you do.  For the incoming server, my port is 995 and the secure connectin and verify certificate is checked.  Don't forget your user name is only the name before the @ sign (I made that mistake the first time I was setting it up).  For outgoing, the port is 465 and check the boxes at the bottom again. you can test your set up by sending an e-mail to email@vzw.com with your cell phone number in the subject line.  I could never get the unsecure ports to work.

HTH ....

0 Likes
pjmason

thanks for the reply. That is exactly the settings I used on the old one and new phone. Still get a Authentication error receiving.

Thanks for trying.

0 Likes
MsDroidX
Contributor - Level 2
0 Likes
pjmason

I read the posting and tried the items and still have the same error. I may need to crash and burn again and start over.

0 Likes
pjmason

any more sugestions?

0 Likes
bud50
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the same issue No help from Cox or Verizon. Does anyone know the setting  port for outgoing emails

Thanks

0 Likes
PJP

I just went thru two days of trying to set up my email,

Check secure connection for incoming server pop.west.cox.net,995 and do not put @cox.net

same for out going, but use 465

0 Likes
Oleander315
Enthusiast - Level 1

Outbound port is going to be 587. Where it says Username and Password, "optional", enter that info. It is by no means really optional. Make sure SSL is set to 'on' and authentication is set to 'password'.

User Name is first part of your cox email address (minus the @cox.net) Password would be the same one you would use if you were to sign into webmail for example (also case sensitive).

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

i use 995 and 465 with both boxes checked on both servers and have no problems thru pop.west.

0 Likes