Re: Countless problems with Droid Charge...
Tidbits
Legend

That's what I mean Smiley Happy I have never seen the stock browser not checker for the life I have used Android other than the Galaxy Nexus(Which the browser has been redone from ground up in Android 4.0)

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Sorry my misunderstanding, I thought you was speaking of all browsers...  Smiley Happy

0 Likes
jco23
Contributor - Level 3

as someone has already mentioned, those that do customize their device via the "R" word, have experienced much better performance and fewer problems.  these custom ROMs have tweaked radio buttons and remove any pre-loaded app that could hinder the performance.

rockangel
Enthusiast - Level 1

yea my driod messed me up i have the 3g and seruze paitents will go in to sezure i no i am one did not have one for13 years till fryday morning and sunday a gain to the hostpital i went not fun i hate haveing sezures have great day the rockangel

0 Likes
rockangel
Enthusiast - Level 1

ok i will thank you for no warning for sezure patient i am taking my andriod back and find me a much better one dont matter done messed me up i am a sezure patient and no warnings with your sasung screan comes on thank you very little not happy with andriod takeing back can not drive for six months thans andriod i think i do nt like you messed me up.

0 Likes
EEResQ
Enthusiast - Level 1

My SAMSUNG DROID CHARGE worked fine for about one year; that is until an OTA software update in July 2012.  Now, I am also experiencing the sudden shutoff and charging problems that most others have related here.

At first, the "customer service" representative at a VERIZON owned store diagnosed the problem as a bad battery -- without so much as even taking the back off the device.  In fact, he never even handled the phone.  He just listened to my recollection of the problems (up to the point of the OTA update), and started to ring me up for a new battery at $39.95 +tax.  Then, one guy at VERIZON "Tier 2" technical support suggested I should contact SAMSUNG or GOOGLE as they are the ones who did the OTA update.  Finally, after two VERIZON store visits and four one-hour plus long telephone conversations, I gave up and ordered a replacement phone by taking advantage of an "Early Upgrade" offer.  Then it hit me...  VERIZON just suckered me into paying $392.18 for a replacement phone and case, plus extended my contract for another two years, as a solution to their now defective product.

I am the consumer.  If you sell me a product that requires a periodic OTA update of the software, I understand.  But, if that OTA update renders my phone USELESS almost 90% of the time, then the vendor, VERIZON, is responsible to make it right.  And, not at the tune of $392.18!

As this "early obsolescence" is such a money maker for VERIZON, the FTC or FCC needs to look into this practice.

aly94
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same problems with my charge. It is the worst phone i have ever owned and if i didnt need it for work it would have gone out the window (literally) a long time ago

tiff23

I am epileptic and have had the Droid Charge for a year now with no grand mal seizures to speak of. I don't think you can blame the Charge for that one anymore than you could blame your previous phone for any seizures you may have had then. Any person with epilepsy should know that using any type of electric device may have some effect on you. (A seizure is an electric flow in your brain that gets off track.) A seizure out of nowhere typically is caused by stress, bad diet or lack of sleep. Could any of those, in combination with using a cell phone, have been the cause of your seizure????

0 Likes
mtony8861
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is the first smart phone I have ever owned and if they are all as bad as this charge I don't wanna nothing one.

Or I will go with an iPhone next time lol

M_cris
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am on my 4th Droid Charge and EVERY ONE OF THESE %$#@ has had issues.  I paid $300 for the first one and thankfully purchased the warranty.  Every problem posted on this forum, I have had....plus some more.  Verizon's solution is to replace my phone with a cheap $50 phone of their old inventory.  NOT!  My contract is up in May and I am going to go for an IPhone now but still dealing with issues because they won't let me upgrade to an IPhone sooner:  latest problem: the darn phone won't let me answer calls...or make calls...at it's whim, of course.  I am going to inquire with an attorney this week.  I've been so stressed out for 18 months now.  What if I need to make a 911 call?!!!  This phone doubles as my home phone too.