Corporate voice mails (Wav) and music files do not work after update to 2.2
dbeech

I have my corporate email account installed along with my Verizon account.  All has worked fine until the update.  Now when I get a voice mail attachment which is a (WAV) on my email a message comes up saying that that type of file is not supported.

On Google's website this this error #4875.  This is serious if you use this for business!!!

Also my music files were all messed up after update.  I reinstalled and now albums are unknown or one particular album cover is attached to every single song and album.

Only improvement is the Bluetooth is activated now as hands free but you get one try.  Can't say no and go to another one etc.

0 Likes
Re: Corporate voice mails (Wav) and music files do not work after update to 2.2
dbeech

In regards to WAV messages on emails.  At Verizon's tech request I tried saving to phone instead of opening.  It went to music down loads.  I opened it up like a song and still got the message that it is unable to play this type of file.

Moved to my verizon account and it would not work either!

then did a hard reset (the answer to everything).  NOTHING!

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

scroll through the threads. i know there was at least one other thread on this issue. i don't know if it was resolved, but i believe there are apps that will play .wav files.

0 Likes
Tamika1
Contributor - Level 1

I found some steps that may help to resolve you issue. A link will also be provided as well. I hope these steps will help to resolve your issue. 

Here's how I got mine to work.....I forwarded one of my emails with the voicemail .wav file to my GMail email address.  It has been noted that GMail will ask you which player you wish to open the file with, unlike the other (non-GMail) email app.  Once you forward the voicemail, go ahead and select "preview" (only choice) which will open the file in GMail, then it will ask you which player you wish to open with.  Before selecting Remote Wave, note below that there is a check box to check that says to use this as the default each time....CHECK THE DEFAULT BOX, THEN SELECT REMOTE WAVE.  Your message will then go ahead and play from Remote Wave, but more importantly....YOU HAVE MADE REMOTE WAVE THE DEFAULT FOR THIS ACTION IN EITHER MAIL APPLICATION!!!!

Now go back to your other email (in my case my corporate email) and open your voicemail attachment as you have been trying to do previously....YOU WILL NOW BE ABLE TO LISTEN TO YOUR VOICEMAIL IN REMOTE WAVE JUST LIKE YOU COULD IN GMAIL!!!

https://supportforums.motorola.com/message/77266?tstart=0

0 Likes
vglass

I have been having the same issue.  I tried to open in G Mail but when I select "preview" it says the same thing as in Outlook; "unable to play this audio file".  Had worked since the first time before 2.2.  Verizon offered me a "like new phone" since mine is having issues...  Thanks for the advice.  Let me know if you have any other suggestions.

0 Likes