Contacts
salsvette

Just got my X and had to open a gmail acct.  Is there any easy way to download my verizon phone contact to gmail so that I can assign ringtones individually.  Using the "RingTone" app only allows you to assign ringtones to gmail contacts.  Unless I am doing something wrong?????  This is my first smart phone and its a blast (except for the battery life.....)

0 Likes
Re: Contacts
TeachGa06

I have no idea how to answer your question, but, I just wanted to say that it's good to see someone say that this phone is a blast to play with! :smileyhappy:  I have one on the way but got very nervous reading all of the posts on here about problems...

0 Likes
Re: Contacts
Mr-D
Enthusiast - Level 2

re: 

"Just got my X and had to open a gmail acct.  Is there any easy way to download my verizon phone contact to gmail so that I can assign ringtones individually..."

Did you ever use Backup Assistant?  After you run that program you can login to "My Verizon", find and click on the contacts link (should be in the upper right area of the page).  From there you can export your contacts to a comma delimited .csv format file, and save the file to someplace easy to get to like your desktop.  Then you can login into GMAIL, select contacts, then import your contacts from that .csv file you created.

0 Likes