Contacts out of Control
doyling
Enthusiast - Level 3

I heavily use Outlook for work. I have numerous contacts sorted by company name. This Incredible is not at all good at dealing with with.

Currently I will have a company say Bank of America. I will have several contacts for people who work at the bank. In Outlook they are sorted as Bank of America, John Doe; Bank of America, Jane Doe.

I use gSyncit to send my contacts to Gmail. Gmail then sends them down to my phone. In general the contact management on this phone is rotten, but this problem is really driving me nuts.

On my phone, my contacts will be listed as: First Name: Bank, Last Name: America, file as will show America Bank, or sometimes Bank of America John Doe. The problem is that going into file as will then force only the option of First then Last, or Last then First.

Does Google not know that business file contacts by business? I am wondering if I sacked the Outlook Sync to gmail, and the sync from Gmail to the phone, and instead when through HTC Sync straight from outlook if that would be better. Right now my contacts are such a mess I can hardly work with them. On Pocket PC this was bulletproof, yeah Microsoft. Here, not so good.

So please anyone, help me, any app developer that can make this work, I will pay anything. I am really losing my mind on this.

0 Likes
Re: Contacts out of Control
dabubbakin
Contributor - Level 3

I hear the "Froyo Update" is supposed to clear up some Gmail issues on android. Also, you may be able to find a decent contact app on the market to better organize your contacts. I searched around with little luck. You may want to post in the apps for droid and see if anyone has any good app ideas?

0 Likes
doyling
Enthusiast - Level 3

I hope the upgrade helps. This is really frustrating can't believe they have these silly compatibility problems, while trying to become business friendly.

0 Likes
mitbol

I use Outlook for work constantly. I downloaded the app Touchdown and it really takes care of everything. You can directly email from the outlook and do not have to go through Google. Your contacts come out the same as they do in Outlook. I also copied the 850 contacts to my phone ONLY, not to Google. If you do both, you come up with many many duplicates. There is a free version, but it worked so much better, I paid for the pay version. You can also sync your task list/calendar from Outlook with the app.

0 Likes