Contact Additions
nick47bw

New Droid owner and have question about contacts and adding to list.

Is there a shortcut to add contact without typing it in. My old palm asked if I wanted to add a phone number to list when it was new; droid does not appear to do the same. Also when in Yellowbook is there a way to add name/business directly to contact list?

thanks

0 Likes
Re: Contact Additions
PPC_Dude
Contributor - Level 2

nick47bw wrote:

New Droid owner and have question about contacts and adding to list.

Is there a shortcut to add contact without typing it in. My old palm asked if I wanted to add a phone number to list when it was new; droid does not appear to do the same. Also when in Yellowbook is there a way to add name/business directly to contact list?

thanks

Motorola or HTC? 

On the Moto, it does not "prompt" you to save a new number, but if you go to the call log you can select the new number and add it to your contact list from there.  Not sure about the Eris.

In browser based Yellowbook, if you long press the phone number a menu will pop-up allowing you to save as a contact.  However, this will only transfer the phone number, you will have to type in the rest of the information.  If you download the Yellowbook app from the Market, once you select a result, there will be an option to "Save" and it will save all of the infromation about the contact (name, address, phone number).

0 Likes
nick47bw

Thanks,

Have moto.

Yellowbook app works fine now, but call log only gives me option of clearing history??

0 Likes
PPC_Dude
Contributor - Level 2

nick47bw wrote:

Thanks,

Have moto.

Yellowbook app works fine now, but call log only gives me option of clearing history??

If you open the Contacts app, select Call Log, then scroll to and press the "number" you want to add (not the little green telephone), it should take you to a screen where you can, "Call Back', "Send Text Message" or "Add to Contacts".  If it doesn't do this, then something is not quite right with your phone.

You don't need to hit the Menu button.  That's where you can delete the Call Log.

0 Likes