Constant Data Drops
omniverousacorn
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have updated my phone to the .246 ICS update and I can no longer access the web, download anything from the play store or check my email on my phone. Whatever the hell Verizon has done with this update is crap and I can't use my phone!! I've already tried numerous factory resets and nothing works!!!!

Re: Constant Data Drops
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

That's not good!  I've read that after an OS update, you should do a factory reset on your phone to clear out old OS settings, etc.  Since you've tried that, I'm out of answers.  Maybe someone else on this forum will chime in.  Have you contacted Verizon?

Someone else posted in another thread this morning that their phone was experiencing issues after the update as well. Smiley Sad

0 Likes
omniverousacorn
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have called Verizon numerous times and each "Rep" tells me the same thing, I've factory reset my phone at least 5 times now and I still can't get any sort of signal.

tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Hate to hear that.  The only other thing I can think of, other than throwing the Bionic against a wall (which you may have already considered ), is to power down the phone, pull the battery/SIM card, wait a bit, then reassemble everything.

0 Likes
junior509
Contributor - Level 1

First of all, did you download the ics over wifi? Did you try to get the SIM card replaced ?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey omniverousacorn,

This is not good news at all! A software update should have all benefits to you! I am so sorry that you are experiencing these data drops, so let's get them fixed!

First off, I completely understand that you have done multiple resets. We know that this is not anything that is on the device then. Thanks for doing all of that by the way. What tikibar1 had suggested was a good idea. Were you able to pull the SIM card and get any improvements? Also, prior to the update, I just wanted to make sure, did you have any battery saver or task killer applications installed? These can hinder the phones performance and have been known to cause problems even after they were uninstalled. Do you possibly have anti-virus downloaded prior to the update?

Secondly, how frequently is the data dropping? What happens when it drops? 3G to 4G? 4G to no service? Please elaborate on what's going on so we can better assist. Thanks for your understanding and I look forward to getting this resolved for you.

Thanks!
MichelleG_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes