Connecting to Exchange Server
Campbell
OK, this is my first "smart phone" and the first android device at work. I bought this phone with the impression the sync with my work exchange server was nearly automatic. I've been on with tech support for two days (w/ my IT person present), and I don't have any results. I'm on a personal account, one support rep told me I could connect with the regular $30 dollar service, another rep said it required the $45 data plan. I've since upgraded. Although I have no problem syncing with a POP account, I still no exchange sync. 1) Do I need to pay the $15 extra to connect to the exchange server at work? 2) Where would I find SIMPLE step by step instructions to complete this sync with the our exchange server? This has given me neck pains!!
0 Likes
Re: Connecting to Exchange Server
mricet1005
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am connected with mine and just have the standard $29.99 email/data package. I just needed some info about the server URL, the domain information, and my userid/password. I got the URL and domain info from one of our tech support people. Took me 2 minutes to set up.  Maybe not so simple for all types of exchange servers?

0 Likes
mricet1005
Enthusiast - Level 2

In an earlier thread in this forum there are some discussions about some exchange setups not being supported by the native email application.  However they pointed to an app called TOUCHDOWN.  Investigate that if the basic app does not meet your needs.

0 Likes
JasonJoel
Enthusiast - Level 2

Right. If your company's Exchange configuration requires some of the high security policies, like pin numbers and remote wipe, it won't work without the Touchdown app.

It has nothing to do with the data plan, and you do NOT need the more expensive data plan for this.

Jason

0 Likes
ts

Touchdown by Nitrodesk is a "must have" for anyone relying on an Exchange connection with secure settings.  The $10 was well worth it.  This is the Exchange app that SHOULD have been bundled!!

0 Likes
james711

I have the extensive security policies at my company to connect to Exchange; remote wipe, id.  Any workarounds?

0 Likes