Clicking on the phone shortcut does not bring up the actual phone. Any ideas?
getonmylevel8

I am not entirely sure what happened, but I know I have been having more problems with this phone then success.

Tonight, I just happened to change the skin of my Incredible 2. Now, I don't know if this caused the problems, but I don't see why it would. After changing it, about 10-15 minutes later, I went to push the "phone" button and all that came up was a little box that said "phone." That's it. Nothing opened. 

A few minutes after getting off the phone, I went to read a text message and it only said the number of the person texting me, but the contact ID was still there. When I accessed the contacts through "people," all my contacts are still there, yet every time I go back to my messages, the names will not appear. 

Also, for some odd reason, my location is not being read (which it typically always reads, no matter the circumstances).

All of these little problems aren't a big deal and can be worked around, obviously, but I am just wondering what could have happened and what can I do to at least be able to click "phone" and actually get my phone to come up. That would be much appreciated. This all just started happening out of nowhere and I would really just want to make calls easily again.

Thank you all for you help. :smileyhappy:

It is VERY much appreciated! 

- sabusti2

0 Likes
Re: Clicking on the phone shortcut does not bring up the actual phone. Any ideas?
Wildman
Legend
Here's a simple question, have you tried rebooting. Does this help any?
0 Likes
Re: Clicking on the phone shortcut does not bring up the actual phone. Any ideas?
getonmylevel8

Actually, I pulled the battery out and I restarted it as well. That didn't help at all. 😞

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

What about the App Drawer, is rge phone icon still in the drawer?

0 Likes
Not applicable

Getonmylevell8, thanks for sharing your concerns with the device. I'm sorry to hear you are having so many issues with your Incredible 2. I have one myself and I love it. First, one thing I often recommend is to clear cache from applications. This does not delete any information from the phone, and it resolves many minor issues without needing to do a full reset. First, for the phone issue, try clearing cache by going to Settings>Applications>Manage Applications>All>Phone>Clear data/cache. 

For the messaging issue, I have had this issue myself. It only happened with two contacts and both of them had more than one number linked. For me, just restarting the phone resolved this issue. The other thing is to make sure the contact is saved correctly in the phone. Make sure it is saved as 10 digits. 

For the location issue, do you have all location settings turned on in Settings>Location & Security? Is this happening with Google Maps, or with the Google homepage?

0 Likes