Clear passwords from your phone??
md2002

I can't find it now, but I noticed a few days ago that there was a menu or place on my Droid X that basically lists all my passwords. Is there a way to clear this. I'm one of these paranoid people and it seems if the phone gets lost or stolen someone could easily know all my passwords.

Seeing how basically have 3 passwords that I use for everything it's kind of a scary thing. On another note, how do I lock my phone with a password I've tried everything that makes sense and it doesn't seem to ask for a password to unlock the phone.

Thanks

0 Likes
Re: Clear passwords from your phone??
JRLSNB
Contributor - Level 1

Go into the browser and press the physical menu button (the one with 4 squares on it). 

Press the "More" on screen button. 

Scroll down to settings and press it.

Scroll down until you see "Clear passwords"

For the password screen lock, press: Settings/ Location & security settings & scroll down to "Set up screen lock".

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
@md2002
If you add that password to unlock the phone, you might want to consider using a different other than those three passwords you are currently using. If someone hacks one of those odds are they could guess the phone's password.

A quick count of my active passwords told me I am keeping at least 13 in my head. I know I have a few more that don't come to mind right now.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
md2002

This is how I thought you should do it but I did that and it didn't work. I tried again and I get the same thing. I set it up, but when I turn the phone back on it isn't asking for a password, it just unlocks with the slider

0 Likes