Jagger-VzW
Contributor - Level 2

$29.99 Data Plan for DROID includes:

Email & Web for Smartphone
(provisions E&W for Smartphone.
Not for Enterprise Email )
$29.99 Unlimited N/A Per Calling Plan

Features, Benefits & Definitions

Email & Web for Smartphone is an easy-to-use email solution that provides access to the internet and personal email services such as Yahoo!, Windows Live, AOL, AIM and Verizon.net (plus other POP3/IMAP providers such as Google Gmail, Comcast, or RoadRunner for select devices).

Note:  Email & Web for Smartphone is not for Enterprise Email - i.e. Exchange Active Sync, Wireless Sync, BlackBerry or Good Mobile Messaging

The $29.99 Data plan for the DROID it is Unlmited Data Plan for Web/Email.  Mobile Broadband (MBB) Pricing is different and has its own requirements

0 Likes
Re: Clarification about DROID's $29.99 Unlimited Data Plan
thesaber2000
thank your for the clear up, even i was a little confused when i orderd myplan
0 Likes
bufbarnaby

Unlimited data means 5GB per month so be careful. Read the fine print ; )

The Data Plans and Features MAY NOT be used for any other purpose. Examples of prohibited uses include, without limitation, the following: continuous uploading, downloading or streaming of audio or video programming or games; (ii) server devices or host computer applications, including, but not limited to, Web camera posts or broadcasts, automatic data feeds, automated machine-to-machine connections or peer-to-peer (P2P) file sharing; or (iii) as a substitute or backup for private lines or dedicated data connections. This means, by way of example only, that checking email, surfing the Internet, downloading legally acquired songs, and/or visiting corporate intranets is permitted, but downloading movies using P2P file sharing services and/or redirecting television signals for viewing on laptops is prohibited. A person engaged in prohibited uses, continuously for one hour, could typically use 100 to 200 MBs, or, if engaged in prohibited uses for 10 hours a day, 7 days a week, could use more than 5 GBs in a month.

For individual use only and not for resale. We reserve the right to protect our network from harm, which may impact legitimate data flows. We reserve the right to limit throughput or amount of data transferred, and to deny or terminate service, without notice, to anyone we believe is using an Data Plan or Feature in any manner prohibited above or whose usage adversely impacts our network or service levels. Anyone using more than 5 GB per line in a given month is presumed to be using the service in a manner prohibited above, and we reserve the right to immediately terminate the service of any such person without notice. We also reserve the right to terminate service upon expiration of Customer Agreement term.

Data sessions automatically terminate after 24 hours of activity. Data session is inactive when no data is being transferred. Data session may seem inactive while data is actively being transferred to device, or may seem active when it is actually cached and not transferring data. You MUST press or click END or DISCONNECT button to ensure that session disconnects and charges cease. Thirdparty applications may automatically reinitiate data sessions without you pressing or clicking SEND or CONNECT button. For the Palm® Treo™ 650, the only way to disconnect your data session is to press the home key until you see “All” or “System,” then select the “Prefs” icon, then select “Network” from the drop-down list, and then “Disconnect.” You may be able to send or receive voice calls when your data session is inactive. When this occurs, charges apply simultaneously for voice calls in accordance with your Calling Plan. You are responsible for maintaining virus protection when accessing service.

( Anyone using more than 5 GB per line in a given month is presumed to be using the service in a manner prohibited above, and we reserve the right to immediately terminate the service of any such person without notice. We also reserve the right to terminate service upon expiration of Customer Agreement term)

So you are PRESUMED guilty...without a trial !

0 Likes
old_man-58

Then the plan is not unlimited, it has limitations and to say e-mail and data plan are also in correct. this is simply a 5GB plan and it costs you 29.99 per month. It is the price you pay to stay connected and play.

That is the reason WiFi was added, so the bulk of your internet "whatever" is done through WiFI not 3G...

0 Likes
Backnblack

old_man-58 wrote:

Then the plan is not unlimited, it has limitations and to say e-mail and data plan are also in correct. this is simply a 5GB plan and it costs you 29.99 per month. It is the price you pay to stay connected and play.

That is the reason WiFi was added, so the bulk of your internet "whatever" is done through WiFI not 3G...

If I wanted to use Wifi, i would break out the laptop....

0 Likes
melchizedek_1

...continuous uploading, downloading or streaming of audio or video programming or games...

...and/or redirecting television signals for viewing on laptops is prohibited....

------------ 

Does this mean it is a violation to use something like orb to stream one's home tv signal to their phone to watch tv on the go, even if it is only done on occassion?  What about other sites like hulu?  Talk about selling you a product and then telling you how to use it.  That's almost like a car lot selling you a car and saying you can't drive on the highway, unless I'm reading this wrong?

0 Likes
JW1970

James,

This is probably a stupid question, but I have not owned a smartphone yet.  My Verizon plan is the AMERICA'S CHOICE 400 ANYTIME UNLIM N&W + UNLIM IN-NET $39.99 2Y 0504.  What I'm looking to do is replace my old LG flip phone with something that will:

- sync calendar and contacts with Outlook 2003/2007

- run apps locally and over wifi

- play music (not stream music)

- surf the web via wifi (not 3G)

- no texting

To use any of the droid phones as my VZW phone, do I really need to add a data plan to my service?  Can't I just use the phone features via VZW and the app/web features via wifi assuming I have a wifi connection available?

I'm unclear based on everything people have been posting as well as the online information about the VZW plans.

0 Likes
lauranyc
Enthusiast - Level 2

so basically we can't use qik to stream live video from our phone? correct?

qik's website states this about the droid

"With this device we are raising the bar on quality – yet again! Qik for Droid can now capture of DVD resolution (720×480) video – first ever by any live mobile video provider. If you are interested in giving this beta version a try send an email to (emailed removed)"

theres already a version out for android and i've downloaded it already but after reading the data plan info you posted...im weary now lol

bufbarnaby wrote:

Unlimited data means 5GB per month so be careful. Read the fine print ; )

The Data Plans and Features MAY NOT be used for any other purpose. Examples of prohibited uses include, without limitation, the following: continuous uploading, downloading or streaming of audio or video programming or games; (ii) server devices or host computer applications, including, but not limited to, Web camera posts or broadcasts, automatic data feeds, automated machine-to-machine connections or peer-to-peer (P2P) file sharing; or (iii) as a substitute or backup for private lines or dedicated data connections. This means, by way of example only, that checking email, surfing the Internet, downloading legally acquired songs, and/or visiting corporate intranets is permitted, but downloading movies using P2P file sharing services and/or redirecting television signals for viewing on laptops is prohibited. A person engaged in prohibited uses, continuously for one hour, could typically use 100 to 200 MBs, or, if engaged in prohibited uses for 10 hours a day, 7 days a week, could use more than 5 GBs in a month.

For individual use only and not for resale. We reserve the right to protect our network from harm, which may impact legitimate data flows. We reserve the right to limit throughput or amount of data transferred, and to deny or terminate service, without notice, to anyone we believe is using an Data Plan or Feature in any manner prohibited above or whose usage adversely impacts our network or service levels. Anyone using more than 5 GB per line in a given month is presumed to be using the service in a manner prohibited above, and we reserve the right to immediately terminate the service of any such person without notice. We also reserve the right to terminate service upon expiration of Customer Agreement term.

Data sessions automatically terminate after 24 hours of activity. Data session is inactive when no data is being transferred. Data session may seem inactive while data is actively being transferred to device, or may seem active when it is actually cached and not transferring data. You MUST press or click END or DISCONNECT button to ensure that session disconnects and charges cease. Thirdparty applications may automatically reinitiate data sessions without you pressing or clicking SEND or CONNECT button. For the Palm® Treo™ 650, the only way to disconnect your data session is to press the home key until you see “All” or “System,” then select the “Prefs” icon, then select “Network” from the drop-down list, and then “Disconnect.” You may be able to send or receive voice calls when your data session is inactive. When this occurs, charges apply simultaneously for voice calls in accordance with your Calling Plan. You are responsible for maintaining virus protection when accessing service.

( Anyone using more than 5 GB per line in a given month is presumed to be using the service in a manner prohibited above, and we reserve the right to immediately terminate the service of any such person without notice. We also reserve the right to terminate service upon expiration of Customer Agreement term)

So you are PRESUMED guilty...without a trial !

0 Likes
rlivin

It is unlimited. i have already used 212 mb this month with bb plan for couple weeks to the droid for the last week.

0 Likes
wade38t

If it is UNLIMITED, then why does the contract agreement read you can do steaming video and downloads and uploads. What good is advertising for youtube support if you cannot do stream videos with internet access?

0 Likes