Charging the droid x
splicer8
Enthusiast - Level 3

Have all of you been charging it for 3 hours before using? Just wondering if the battery life will be shortened if you just jump right in.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Charging the droid x
A70M1KDR01D
Enthusiast - Level 2

I always play with mine till they fully turn off when I first get them out of the box. I'll then charge it all the way and then kill the battery all the way. After that my charge always seems to last forever. That's just my opinion from personal experience. A method I've always used and it's always kept the battery holding a decent charge. I do that once a month BTW. Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

I have used all my phones before charging it fully. I used it and played around with it before charging it up. I don't think it makes a difference. At least I have never really had any issues in the long run

0 Likes
A70M1KDR01D
Enthusiast - Level 2

I always play with mine till they fully turn off when I first get them out of the box. I'll then charge it all the way and then kill the battery all the way. After that my charge always seems to last forever. That's just my opinion from personal experience. A method I've always used and it's always kept the battery holding a decent charge. I do that once a month BTW. Hope this helps.

0 Likes
magicswebpage
Enthusiast - Level 3

Charge your battery

Modern **bleep**-ion batteries work best when you recharge them before they discharge completely. Recharge after 75 percent of the battery is discharged. This not only improves the battery’s performance but also improves its lifespan. Don’t store your cell phone on the charger. Storing it at full capacity can actually decrease the lifespan of this type of battery.

Tips:

• The battery charger shipped with this device is a high rate charger specifically designed for your DROID X.
  • Other chargers might take longer to charge your battery, cause your calls to fail during charging, or cause your phone to continuously power cycle.
  • You can charge your phone via USB cable but this charging time will vary based on computer specifications.
    • If battery is low, your phone will not immediately power up when you connect it to a computer via USB. Depending on how low the battery is, it may take up to 30 minutes for the phone to get enough power to powerup.
  • Some Marketplace applications can drain battery unexpectedly with data requests and processes running in the background. Deleting widgets alone for these applications will not stop the application from pulling the data; the application iteself must be uninstalled or killed temporarily with a Task Manager or App Killer.

There are two built in tools to assist you in optimizing battery life.

1Power control widget

The Power Control Widget gives you a quick snapshot of some of the tools that may be draining your battery. The widget can turn off / on several features: Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Location (GPS), Synchronization, and also adjust Display brightness 

To add the Power control widget:
From the home screen, touch Menu  > Add  > Android Widgets > Power Control

2. Battery Manager Feature

The Battery Manager feature provides you with a real time view of what features or applications are using the highest percentage of your battery. It can also be used to select an automatic or manually-selected battery saving profile.

To access Battery Manager:
From the home screen, touch Menu  > Settings > Battery Manager

Battery Profile: 3 automatic profiles - Performance (highest user of battery power), Smart (medium setting), and Battery Saver Mode (uses least amount of battery power)

Tips to extend battery life:

• Select a shorter backlight duration
  • Lower the display brightness
  • Use the AC adapter to charge your phone whenever possible
  • Turn Bluetooth off when not in use
  • Turn Wi-Fi off when not in use
  • Certain applications may be drawing excessive battery power. If you are experiencing shorter battery life after downloading an application try uninstalling the application.
  • Close any third party applications running in the background
  • Playing music, videos and viewing images in your phone will affect your battery life.

0 Likes
magicswebpage
Enthusiast - Level 3

his answer is wrong and will only damage ur battery life... 

0 Likes