Charge loses 3G service during phone calls?
medicdad73

Ok, here is my issues, I just got the charge Saturday, I am deciding between my TBolt or the charge. So far the charge is good, but I have one HUGE issue. When I make a phone call I loss 3G service all together. I have search forums and no help. It does not loss it during 4G or WiFi. Some people have said this was normal, others said the phone might be back. I am looking for help if anyone has seen or heard of this. Tech support said it was new to them.

Any help would be appriciated.

0 Likes
Re: Charge loses 3G service during phone calls?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Because of the radio configuration on the Droid Charge, you can't use the 3G data connection while on a phone call. It is much like a standard 3G only devices. The voice, 1X and 3G is controlled by one radio. The 4G LTE signal is controlled by another radio in the DROID Charge.

The Thunderbolt has a different radio configuration. The voice and 1X connection is controlled by one radio and a second radio handles the 3G and 4G LTE network connections.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
medicdad73

If that is the case, why does it work fine with 4G? I would think that it wouldn't work with 4G if it is using the same radio.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The Droid Charge doesn't disconnect the 4G LTE connection while on a phone call because the phone is using both radios at the same time, the voice radio and the 4G LTE radio. LTE is also designed to handle voice and data at the same time.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes