Changing default Account on Incredible
markdun

Is there a way to change the default Google account other then a hard reset? I have 2 accounts and the one I had the service rep setup is not the one I need on there. I thought I could change later but cannot find any information on it other then page 76 of the manual stating only the main account can sync all info and other accounts can only limited info. Thanks...

0 Likes
Re: Changing default Account on Incredible
Iceman1906
Contributor - Level 1

You can go into your setting to the Application Manager and do a clear data on Gmail. The phone will ask for your gmail and password again. Just enter the one that you want to be the default. Hope this helps.

0 Likes
markdun

I will give it a try. Thank you

0 Likes
markdun

Didn't reset it. When I try and remove my primary account it says phone must be reset. Any other ideas?

0 Likes
Kimberly_Nicole
Contributor - Level 2

Hi.   I understand that you want to change your default gmail account.  Since the other way is requiring you to reset your phone, go into settings from the home screen and click on "Accounts and Sync".   When the next screen comes up, click on "Add Account" to add the Google account you want.  Once you do that, go back into the "Accounts and Sync" and click on your old account.  You will then see the option to remove that account. 

Please let me know if this works for you.  

Thanks!

0 Likes
Rodneyam1

Greetings ... I am in the same boat.

When I went to the Verizon store to have my phone activated, the CSR asked if I already had a gmail account, to which I responded "yes." Then she proceeded to create a new one for me. Now, I can't use many of the Google-related features, particularly the calendar, with my Incredible.

I have followed the advice given above, but upon trying to remove the default account I receive a message saying, "This account is required by some applications. You can only delete it by resetting the phone to factory defaults (which deletes all your personal data). You do that in the Settings application, under About phone."

When I go to the Settings application, under About phone, nowhere do I find an option that will allow me to do that.

Help, please! One of the reasons I chose this phone was its ability to sync with my Google Calendar.

Thank you.

0 Likes
regulus49

Kimberly_Nicole wrote:

Hi.   I understand that you want to change your default gmail account.  Since the other way is requiring you to reset your phone, go into settings from the home screen and click on "Accounts and Sync".   When the next screen comes up, click on "Add Account" to add the Google account you want.  Once you do that, go back into the "Accounts and Sync" and click on your old account.  You will then see the option to remove that account. 

Please let me know if this works for you.  

Thanks!

Tried that and it didnt work for me.It says that this account is required by some apps,must do reset to remove this account.No biggie,my other account is already synced so now i have 2 gmails.

0 Likes
sHaY_j
Contributor - Level 3

The option Kimberly gave would be correct. In the event that this does not work for you, and you need to reset the device back to factory defaults, I have listed the instructions below:

-Press your menu and select settings
-Select Privacy
-Select Factory Data Reset ***Please be advised that this will erase everything from your phone (Google account, System and Application data/settings, and Application downloads)

This information can also be found on your website www.verizonwireless.com/support. From this page you can select your manufacture and model number of your device and press the “red” go button. Once selected you can type in the search bar “reset” and several articles on that instruction should load. I have listed the link below for your convenience:

http://search.vzw.com/?do=viewdoc&id=30946

I hope this information was helpful.:smileywink:

0 Likes