Changed from Droid to Droid incredible. I thought the apps followed your Gmail?
fezzik
Contributor - Level 3

I thought your apps followed your Gmail.  I figured when I got the Incredible up and running and signed in as myself that when I pulled up the market and went to downloads it would have everything I downloaded.  But none of my old apps are there.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Changed from Droid to Droid incredible. I thought the apps followed your Gmail?
MrHost
Enthusiast - Level 3
I use appbrain, but I found out last night you need to make a list beofre any changes so you can bring that list back up and select them each to download. Now I know and I am making my install throughout the day and making my list later today. Some apps may not show up pending on what they were. Might not be compatible, assuming you searched the market. The my downloads is only showing what was downloaded to that handset. Let me know if it makes you pay again for the apps that you paid for already. I have been hearing conflicting answers on that one. Supposedly the paid apps will be recognized when you download them, supposedly based on your gmail account.(not confirmed as far as I can tell)

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Changed from Droid to Droid incredible. I thought the apps followed your Gmail?
DogfishJones

I did the same thing, and thought the same as well.  Turns out that you have to go and find all your free apps yourself.  Any you purchased will show up in Downloads as "purchased."  You can re-download those for free.

0 Likes
MrHost
Enthusiast - Level 3
I use appbrain, but I found out last night you need to make a list beofre any changes so you can bring that list back up and select them each to download. Now I know and I am making my install throughout the day and making my list later today. Some apps may not show up pending on what they were. Might not be compatible, assuming you searched the market. The my downloads is only showing what was downloaded to that handset. Let me know if it makes you pay again for the apps that you paid for already. I have been hearing conflicting answers on that one. Supposedly the paid apps will be recognized when you download them, supposedly based on your gmail account.(not confirmed as far as I can tell)
0 Likes
y0diggity
Contributor - Level 2

Did mine yesterday. I just went into the marketplace, selected "downloads" and all of my purchased apps were in there. I just downloaded them again, no worries. Now on the other hand, none of the free apps I had on my old phone were in there, so I've had to download those as I happen to remember them.

0 Likes
fezzik
Contributor - Level 3

The main problem is downloadcrutch which no longer exists apparently and none of the led light apps work.  OH well.  I figure all the apps I forgot aren't worth downloading. 

0 Likes
Arkwin

You can use an aftermarket program on the market called Astro File Manager (http://www.appbrain.com/app/com.metago.astro)

There is a backup feature which allows you to back up your programs to an SD card and then reload them later. This is what I did with my Eris -> Incredible. Hope this helps!

0 Likes