Re: Car Dock Charging problem?
tfkroberts

I too started having issues after a couple of uses.  No longer charges or if it does in the dock it charges for a minute and then stops.  Its just over the 30 days.  Wonder if they will exchange. Anyone taken theirs back?

0 Likes
gator1
Contributor - Level 1
Filing does the trick! If you remove the insert and file down the bottom edge of the mount, the x will seat deep enough to allow the phone to charge correctly. I did this in about 10 minutes & it works perfectly.
0 Likes
pcw6727

I also have had the heating up & not charging issue. I also took back the dock & exchanged it, thinking it was the problem. However, I have come to this conclusion after a bit of testing & reading on a few diff. forums (including this one), & I'm surprised none of the "Techys" out there have even hinted on this.

W/ the fact that the (X) heats up like it does (especially if you have it mounted on the windshield on a hot, sunny day as I did have it) , & I've also read on the forums, that the (1) did the same. I've also read several post where people talk about mounting them so the a/c blows on them & they charge just fine, even w/ nav running & being on a call @ same time.

I know, this is "**bleep**", "I shouldn't have to put it front of an a/c vent", it's a "Freakin Phone".

Now, I'm no expert by any means when it comes to all this technology & electronics (consider myself just barely an advanced novice). However, think about this. Everybody keeps saying the smartphones are becoming just like mini computers. So it dawned on me, that with  w/ mult. apps running & the larger processors it only make sense, that they pull a ****load of juice, which in turn creates a ****load of heat, just like our desktops & laptops. However, the (1) diff. is that the desktops & laptops have FANS IN THEM TO KEEP THE INTERNALS COOL SO THEY DON'T OVER HEAT.

WHAT IS MISSING IN THE SMART PHONES? A FAN! To me it only make sense.

I didn't want to put anything sticky on my dash, but I went ahead & put the self adhesive mounting disc on the dash of my F-150. I mounted it so the dock bracket could be positioned so I was able to turn the a/c vent below it to blow on the X. It is charging fine even w/ mult apps running (ie. nav & on phone call @ same x). W/ it in this position, it is also high enough to were I'm still looking were I'm driving when I glance @ it, & don't have to take my eyes off the road, looking down. Again I'm definitely no expert, so if someone wants to correct me on this theory, have @ it.

0 Likes