Cant Recieve picture messages internationally
GaryT7

I have an HTC incredible and I am currently living in St Maarten. I can send texts and make calls but i cant open any picture messages. When i try and download them it just tells me it was unsuccessful. I tried turning off wifi but it still wont work

0 Likes
Re: Cant Recieve picture messages internationally
GaryT7

The phone says generic network failure

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

Do you have a mobile data connection? MMS will not work without it. And it's also possible that you have to be connected to Verizon's network.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm a lil jealous GaryT7. I would love to be in St. Maarten right now, even for a few days. I'm glad your phone is working for text and calls. But demmo86rt is right, the phone will need a mobile data network to send or receive picture or video messages. They won't be able to send via WiFi. In addition to turning WiFi off, you will need to make sure Mobile Data is enabled, which may result in $0.02/KB in St. Maarten if you do not have the Global Data plan active. To enable mobile data while roaming, go to Settings>Wireless & Networks>Mobile Networks>Data Roaming>Allow access for all trips. Mobile Data availability and features available will depend on the wireless carrier you're picking up while traveling.

For more information about rates and service while you're traveling outside of the United States, please visit vzw.com/tripplanner

Enjoy St Maarten!

JenniferH_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes