Re: Cannot send/receive picture messages
Lawless13
Enthusiast - Level 2

Since DL'ing Go SMS, I have a new thing going on this morning.  My phone is fully charged, but there is an "!" over the battery symbol on the home screen.  This is getting weirder and weirder!

0 Likes
budone
Legend

Have you tried safe mode yet?

0 Likes
Lawless13
Enthusiast - Level 2

Budone.

Yes. I tried Safe Mode finally.  That made no difference.  But thank you for the idea! Smiley Happy

0 Likes
Lawless13
Enthusiast - Level 2

I wonder if any of the Verizon folks on the boards might have an answer for this?  I cannot receive any messages that originate from an iphone.  They get stuck at "Downloading" and then I get an error message.

0 Likes
kimber1106

I am having the exact same issue. It was fine and then suddenly......nothing!

0 Likes
clark8611

I have the same problem...about 2-3 months ago I suddenly could not get picture messages downloaded, nor send any.  I get the 'Download' button and try that but get the 'Generic network failure' message also.  I also have a problem with my SD card - it's in read-only mode and I cannot do anything with it.  Nothing I've tried (and I've tried a lot!) has worked.  I keep looking on the boards to see if anyone else has this issue - this is the first post I've found.  If I recall correctly, the problem with the picture messages and the SD card happened after automatic updates...frustrating. 

0 Likes
Lawless13
Enthusiast - Level 2

Clark8611,

I imagine it either does not have enough people reporting the issue, OR Verizon can't fix it.  In addition to not be able to receive MMS messages, I noticed this morning that when I use *228/ Option 2 to update my roaming capabilities about halfway through it makes a weird noise, hangs up from the call, and reboots my phone.  This is very different than in the past.

I wonder if there was an update that didn't take?

0 Likes
kitch13

I am having the same issue. I am trying to find out how to change the settings on multimedia messages. I cannot set the multimedia messages (MMS) connection settings. Any suggestions? Thanks!

0 Likes
kitch13

The picture will download if you have on the mobile network. I have 3G on Droid Incredible 2.

0 Likes
myates62

This worked for me. Very strange!!!

0 Likes