Cannot hear caller
jcsports

My droid 2 has been acting up lately.  After it's been on for a few hours and I either make a call or try to receive a call there is no sound and ther caller can't hear me either.  Once I reboot the phone and call the person back it is fine.  This is very frustrating and I would just get a new phone but can't afford one right now, nor do I want my plan to change.  Anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this??

0 Likes
Re: Cannot hear caller
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jcsports, this is definitely an issue and can cause lots of frustrations so I understand why you're upset. I have a few questions to access how we can resolve this issue for you. Is the phone damaged physically or by water? Damage to a phone can cause alot of different issues including sound. I recommend enabling/disabling safe mode on your phone to check if an app may be causing the issue. Here are steps http://bit.ly/o5McAQ or http://bit.ly/r7xUJM .How long have you had your device? Is the phone still within the one-year manufactures warranty? If your still within your manufactures warranty, and there is no damage to the phone, it could possibly be replaced. Do you have insurance on your line? Are you eligible to upgrade? You can check your eligibility to upgrade online via My-Verizon or by dialing #Upg on your phone. We have some awesome discounts on our phones. I hope the information I provided is helpful. ^KH

0 Likes
Buff76

I have the same issue.  I reboot, and it sometimes works, or reboot, removing battery, and it works.  This has happened mulitple times and beyond a nuisance.  Why does the phone not work?  It should work, for it phone first?

0 Likes
dct82me

I know exactly what you're experiencing.  I am too! UGH
Sadly, I even got my phone replaced a few months back because of an annoying keyboard issue (kept freezing and VZ rep told me it was a common occurrence with Droid 2).  I thought maybe it could cure the "not hearing caller" issue as well.  Nope!!  UGH  I'm waiting for December when my update is available.  Hopefully my next phone will not have as many issues!!

0 Likes