Cannot get the Charge to mount on Win7
jwon1

I just cannot get my phone to mount to my windows 7 laptop.   The phone is set to Mass Storage.  I am using the OEM USB Cable.   I also installed the drivers from the Samsung website.   I can successfully mount the phone as a USB drive to my Macbook at home.    On Windows, I get an error that the device is not recognized.    I tried another USB port and it tried to install the driver.   It gave me the following window.

SAMSUNG_Android                                       Device unplugged

SAMSUNG Android USB Modem                Fail

SAMSUNG Android USB Diagnostic Serial Port (WMC) (COM7)  Ready to Use

SAMSUNG Android USB Diagnostic Serial Port (DM) (COM8)  Ready to Use

Android UMS       Device unplugged

Unidentified Device      Device unplugged

SAMSUNG Android Composite ADB Interface   Ready to Use

0 Likes
Re: Cannot get the Charge to mount on Win7
booradley

You should try disabling USB Debugging. If I remember correctly, that's what worked for me.

"Home->Menu->Settings->Applications->Development->USB Debugging".

0 Likes
AntonioC_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi jwon1,

I trust that your concern has been resolved. If you're still experiencing issues connecting your phone to your computer via USB cable please follow the detailed instructions provided at this LINK.

0 Likes
cpyle

I also am having a problem with this same thing.

I've looked at the steps on your link, and they're identical to what I've been trying, but no luck.

I'm trying to connect my Samsung Droid Charge to my PC running Windows 7 x64, and use the

mass storage device capability.

I've installed the correct drivers from Samsung for my model of phone. I restarted my

PC after installing the drivers.

I connect the device with USB cable, follow the steps, the little droid robot turns from

GREEN (USB Connected) to ORANGE (USB Storage in use) and indicates that I should

be ready to go.

But I look on 'My Computer', and I see no indication of my phone acting as an external storage

drive. There are also no popups indicating an error or otherwise anything that would indicate that

my PC knows that anything external is even plugged in.

0 Likes
cpyle

Also, "USB Debugging" is off.

0 Likes
AnthonyTa_VZW
Verizon Employee

Thanks for posting cpyle!

I see you have tried a number of troubleshooting steps already.  I am happy to assist!

First, ensure your SD memory card is inserted and mounted in your device, or else the computer will not recognize the device as a storage device.  Then ensure you are using the USB cable that came with your device.  Before connecting the cable, power cycle / soft reset your device and remove the battery for approximately one minute.  Reinsert the battery and power the device back on.  Ensure your device mounts the SD memory card prior to connecting to the computer.  Once the device is powered up and the SD memory card shows mounted in settings, connect the device as per the following instructions:  

USB Mass Storage - DROID CHARGE™ by SAMSUNG

Please let me know how this works out for you.

0 Likes