Cannot get Moto Droid to Active Sync.
mnelsen

Any help on connecting to Corporate Email handled thru exchange server?  Calendar links but not emails? Therefore, I think I have the settings correct.

0 Likes
Re: Cannot get Moto Droid to Active Sync.
mattywalnuts

1. Add Acount

2. Enter corporate email address and corporate password

3. Select corporate/exchange option.

4. Domain: \(your corporate user name or id)...keep the slash...and enter your corporate password again

5. Exchange Server...for example, my company's is webmail.xxxx.com

6. Check Use Secure connection

Hit next then good to go hopefully, keep in mind if your company requires you to change your password every few months you will have to update on the device as well.

0 Likes
mnelsen

this is how it is set-up with one exception:

in lieu of the above item when we remote in from a desktop we use: mail.xxxx.com/exchange and the system will not allow me to keep the /exchange setting?

0 Likes
PPC_Dude
Contributor - Level 2

mnelsen wrote:

this is how it is set-up with one exception:

in lieu of the above item when we remote in from a desktop we use: mail.xxxx.com/exchange and the system will not allow me to keep the /exchange setting?

Sounds to me like you are trying to set up an http connection.  That will not work with the Exchange client on the Droid.  That's for accessing the server via a browser.  The server name field should be just that, the Server Name, no slashes or extra info.  Also, if you have "Uses SSL" selected, you may want to try it without it.  Same goes for the certificate.

0 Likes
mnelsen

I have this set up as described but our microsoft exchange server 2003 is mail.xxxx.com in lieu of webmail.xxxx.com and all that syncs is my calendar?

0 Likes
PPC_Dude
Contributor - Level 2

mnelsen wrote:

I have this set up as described but our microsoft exchange server 2003 is mail.xxxx.com in lieu of webmail.xxxx.com and all that syncs is my calendar?

Just for giggles, try it without the "mail.", just xxxx.com.

0 Likes
mnelsen

gives me an error message: "unable to open connection to server" without mail.

0 Likes
PPC_Dude
Contributor - Level 2

mnelsen wrote:

gives me an error message: "unable to open connection to server" without mail.

Do you know if your IT department has any security policies setup for Exchange ActiveSync?  If they do, they native app will not work.  Although I think it tells you that when you try to connect.  As a test, why don't you download Touchdown or K9 mail from the market.  Touchdown has a free trial period and K9 is free period.  I prefer (and use) Touchdown myself.  See if you have any problems receiving your emails through one of those clients.  I believe in the long run, you will be happier with the third party app over the native one anyway.

Maybe the 2.1 update will fix some of the shortcomings of the native app.

0 Likes
mnelsen

appears to be same issue with touchdown, I am going to have IT guy try and log in using his phone.  Will update status after that.

0 Likes
MrHost
Enthusiast - Level 3

Just a thought.  If you have the basic not the business internet option, it could be verizon blocking the port or accessibility for exchange.  I would check that out.  Migh tnot be an issue on your company side.  Otherwise, via teh browser it should be straight forward, but via the client it is different.

I would have to try it with mine to see if I can get it to work, but we use lotus notes for email at my work.  So no go there.

0 Likes