Can you make a Skype call to a computer from the Charge?
Davidoo
Contributor - Level 3

In another thread some users posted that the front facing camera on the Charge now works with Skype.  The reason I have been wanting this to work is so I could make Video calls from my phone to my parents who I only see a couple of times a year.  I have been to Skype's website poking around and I see where you can make free video calls from mobile phone to mobile phone and computer to computer, so.......I want to make a video call from my Charge to my parent's computer.  Will that work?  Would they just open their application and I type in their user name or IP address? 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Can you make a Skype call to a computer from the Charge?
jco23
Contributor - Level 3

yes.

skype updated their app a few weeks back to get the front-facing camera to work.  I have been successful on using skype for video calls to others on their computer, iPhone, iPad, etc...

View solution in original post

0 Likes
jco23
Contributor - Level 3

yes.

skype updated their app a few weeks back to get the front-facing camera to work.  I have been successful on using skype for video calls to others on their computer, iPhone, iPad, etc...

0 Likes
Davidoo
Contributor - Level 3

Thanks jco23!

0 Likes
mblent

I am having an issue with skype on my charge....the video works grea...but the person on the other end cannot hear me at all......I can hear them though.....

0 Likes
jco23
Contributor - Level 3

could any number of issues:

check your mic volume

the other person needs to check their speakers/settings

are you able to use Tango and make regular phone calls successfully?  if so, the issue could be with the app or the other person's settings.

0 Likes