Re: Can you REVERSE an update?!
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

As far as I know you cannot 'undo' an OS update, other than by a method that cannot be discussed here, and it does not involve calling Motorola or Verizon.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

tikibar1 wrote:

As far as I know you cannot 'undo' an OS update, other than by a method that cannot be discussed here, and it does not involve calling Motorola or Verizon.

And often voids the warranty of your device in the process.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
ladyrayburn
Enthusiast - Level 1

I was also pissed about the update, so I reset my phone but got all my saved stuff off my sim card, but now it won't let me download any apps....I want my apps back and it's just not working no matter what I do. I'm so confused.

0 Likes
ladyrayburn
Enthusiast - Level 1

My phone is acting super weird, I can't have one of my songs be my ringtone anymore so I have one of the stupid ones. Also I can't figure out how to just have my texts vibrate, not all my other pointless notifications. This is very irritating!!

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can still have one of your songs as your ringtone by either selecting it as a ringtone while it's playing (using the menu button) or by putting it in an audio file on your SD card.

I also haven't found a way to just have texts vibrate; if you set the ringtone to silent with vibrate on, nothing happens.

0 Likes
jaymadd
Enthusiast - Level 3

to turn on the vibrate for your txt messages:

open text messaging app ---> menu button ---> messaging settings---> scroll all the way down to "vibrate" and make sure it's checked

I'm not sure about your ringtone problem. Mine are still available but perhaps it changed the ringtone on yours during the update try this:

settings---->sound---> phone ringtone.    Your ring tones should be there.

hope that helps

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

jaymadd wrote:

to turn on the vibrate for your txt messages:

open text messaging app ---> menu button ---> messaging settings---> scroll all the way down to "vibrate" and make sure it's checked

Tried that, doesn't work for me ... guess I have my first issue Smiley Sad

0 Likes
jaymadd
Enthusiast - Level 3

tikibar1 wrote:

Tried that, doesn't work for me ... guess I have my first issue Smiley Sad

sorry i should explain better.

1.) make sure text messages are set to silent: text messages ---> menu ---->messaging settings--->select ringtone = silent

2.) and right below that select vibrate as well

3.) you need to set sound to vibrate and ring : settings ----> sound -----> vibrate and ring

this will allow your text messages to vibrate only

however this also makes your incoming calls vibrate as well as ring, which some people may not like.

I have yet to find a way to separate the two for incoming calls. Still learning as i've only had ICS for about 2 days.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

jaymadd wrote:

3.) you need to set sound to vibrate and ring : settings ----> sound -----> vibrate and ring     I had overlooked this piece; thanks

however this also makes your incoming calls vibrate as well as ring, which some people may not like.   yep, that bites

Still learning as i've only had ICS for about 2 days.   I've gone screen by screen, setting by setting, read the user guide, read everything I could get my hands on before/after ICS installed, and I'm still learning ... and sometimes forgetting what I learned!

0 Likes
jaymadd
Enthusiast - Level 3

tikibar1 wrote:

I've gone screen by screen, setting by setting, read the user guide, read everything I could get my hands on before/after ICS installed, and I'm still learning ... and sometimes forgetting what I learned!

Hahaha well I was one of the ones who didn't know this update was coming so I haven't gotten around to looking at the user guides I've watched a few videos to get caught up quick but I'm forgetting sometimes as well usually I see something in the forums and think "Hey, I've seen that somewhere" then I go digging around until I find it to try and help someone.

0 Likes