Re: Can you REVERSE an update?!
killthedroid
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've done a factory reset...all it did was waste half an hour of my time. My phone is slow, I hate that I no longer have the same slide to unlock feature, and the colors hurt my eyes. I don't like the way the icons across the bottom changed. It's irritating, and I am sooo angry right now. I got in my car at 8:30pm, drove ten miles to the Verizon store, and banged on their doors just as they were locking up. I was too damn late to demand that they fix my phone. I wonder. If I broke it and used my wonderful insurance to get a new one, would IT have the old OS on it???

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

killthedroid wrote:

I wonder. If I broke it and used my wonderful insurance to get a new one, would IT have the old OS on it???

It couldn't be guaranteed and eventually the update would come to that phone too if it didn't have the update.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

you can reverse it, but we cant discuss the method here

go to xda forums

0 Likes
dversescottnmd
Enthusiast - Level 1

NO ANS IF U FACTORY RESET IT AUTOMATICALLY BRINGS U TO THE NEWEST PLATFORM

0 Likes
Jakeman1
Master - Level 1

How long ago did you do the update? The phone will continue updating and optimizing for up to 72 hours after you install it. Texts will be sluggish, The Camera will be sluggish, it will be unresponsive and such.  After anywhere from 24 - 72 hours the sluggishness goes away, texts are fast and crisp, camera more responsive.

0 Likes
killthedroid
Enthusiast - Level 2

I don't really care. I don't want it. And now I'm stuck with it. I hate the little key icon in the middle to unlock it (I liked my previous slide to unlock) and I don't like the way the icons look across the bottom, and I don't like the way my texting screen looks, and I don't like it auto correcting, and the way the text across the top of the screen is blue against the black hurts my eyes when I look at it. I don't like the way I have to touch one icon for my dialer and another icon to get to my contacts, rather than the way it was before where I touched the phone icon and could get to my dialer, recent calls, and contacts all without having to return to the home screen. I haven't found a single thing about this update that I like. I hate my phone, and am ready to pay the early termination fee and just not have it anymore.

msturgis
Contributor - Level 3

That is precisely the nature of Android updates. You can go to any carrier and all their phones will update the same way.

You should look into getting one of those basic phones, their interface doesn't change that much from one version to another.

0 Likes
jondal
Contributor - Level 1

you have 2 either call vzw or call moto to try to get the old one back

hope this helps

0 Likes
Rhonda2

I just called Verizon. They told me there is no way to reverse the update. They said the update came from Motorola.  I do NOT like the way it changed my phone! It works differently now!   Ugh!!!!

0 Likes
jondal
Contributor - Level 1

I think you can but you have to call moto or Vzw but moto may be your best bet

0 Likes