Can the Droid X be seen as a drive to a pc
alocksley

I have my Droid X connected to my home network via wifi. 

Wondering why my pc can't see it and it can't see the PC, since other computers can see each other on this network.

Is there a way to make the Droid look like another computer to the rest of the network??

THanks.

0 Likes
Re: Can the Droid X be seen as a drive to a pc
bearone21
Legend

not network but it's gottta be connected by usb, select mass storage from drop down notification & you'll see it as an added drive in my computer/windows explorer..

drivers should be automatically installed, they were on my xpsp2 pc.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend
0 Likes
galaxie500fb
Contributor - Level 2
I don't know if your pc is running windows or mac but if its a windows pc then enable DLNA on your phone and also enable sharing on your home network. its actually rather easy but I would suggest you google for instructions.

0 Likes
Cody21
Master - Level 2

There are many solutions to connecting to your PC for file transer ...  The default USB connection using MASS STORAGE is the one out of the box not requiring anything by the Moto driver, as mentioned above. beyond that, there are other APPS and in fact you can even connect via WiFi - which is what I do when I have a WiFi connection.  (the free App is called "Software Data Cable"). This way you don't have to go and hunt down your USB cable. I've tried the DLNA route but my PC doesn't support it.

0 Likes