Can't sort Applications alphabetical A-Z
PARID004

In "Applications" I'm having difficulty sorting the apps A-Z, the problem is with some the apps I downloaded from Market.

In the Applications pages I hit “Edit” and try to sort my Apps from A-Z , I have 4 pages total. But whenever I restart my phone some of the third party apps get moved to the bottom of the page (they don't get moved to the last page, for example Angry Birds and Barcode Scanner get moved to the bottom of page 1).

This only happens to about half of the third party apps, others I downloaded can be sorted no problem.

Any ideas? thanks

0 Likes
Re: Can't sort Applications alphabetical A-Z
DionM_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi PARID004! The application names are usually styled in alpha format (basic lettering) as the name on the icon, which typically allows them to be sorted in the logic of alphabetical order. However, sometimes application names are use non-standard characters that are hidden from the eye, even though the icon name is in alpha. The device operating system may choose to read the non-standard name for sorting instead of the one on the icon. It will only be fixable if the developers standardize their designs or if the operating system has been adjusted to try to read the icon name rather than the app name. At this time, that is not a feature under review for fix. 

0 Likes
Re: Can't sort Applications alphabetical A-Z
Ray999
Contributor - Level 1

PARID004 wrote:

In "Applications" I'm having difficulty sorting the apps A-Z, the problem is with some the apps I downloaded from Market.

In the Applications pages I hit “Edit” and try to sort my Apps from A-Z , I have 4 pages total. But whenever I restart my phone some of the third party apps get moved to the bottom of the page (they don't get moved to the last page, for example Angry Birds and Barcode Scanner get moved to the bottom of page 1).

This only happens to about half of the third party apps, others I downloaded can be sorted no problem.

Any ideas? thanks

I think that the sorting in the Applications drawer is kind of random. At least it is on both of the Charges that we have in our household. If you want to have sorting that makes sense and a lot of other improvements over the stock interface, GO Launcher EX works great. I hear theat Launcher Pro is pretty good also but haven't  really tried it. Since putting GO Launcher on our Charges, things are a lot smoother in the UI department. :smileyhappy:
One of the cool things also is that you can actually hide all of the preinstalled junk apps from view in the App drawer if you want to.

0 Likes