Can't save ordered ringtone
Toni_A
Enthusiast - Level 2

I ordered a ringtone (via Verizon) on my Droid2, received the text, held the message, touched "Save audio" and get "Error saving attachment"

Operator error?

Thanks in advance for any assistance...

0 Likes
Re: Can't save ordered ringtone
Wildman
Legend

This is starting to be a common issue with users lately, try sending the link to your email account and see it there isnt a app issue..

0 Likes
Toni_A
Enthusiast - Level 2

I appreciate the response...

There isn't a link, per se, and I can find no way of forwarding the text message containing the mp3 to anywhere else. :smileysad:

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

The test message sent usually has a link on it that you would click to download, press on message window for message and see if you have a option to forward the message and then input the email address and it should send to email exactly as it came to sms or mms and then you should be able to click link from thete and save file..

0 Likes
spookie_pumpkin

I am having this problem as well. I buy the tones on my pc, Verizon sends it in a text, and it wont save the attachment. I called customer service today and they wanted me to get the Verizon ring-tone app. I was told that's the only way to get the ring-tones on droid. I know this has to be a recent change, because Ive had the phone for more than a year, and never needed that app before. I think Verizon made the change and didn't announce it, but when you call customer service they tell you to get the v tones app.

A side note : When I purchased the ring tones from the VZW website, the text comes from 000-000-0000, and my account wasnt charged. It was VZW website, because I was on the phone with a rep at the time, and they tried to download a tone as well and had the same problem.

Thanks in advance if anyone has a solution that doesn't involve the Verizon app.

0 Likes
klvr603

I am having the same issue! I am on my third replacement phone and this is the first phone that has given me an error saving ringtones from verizon. I have spent a couple hrs on the phone with tech support and they cant figure it out..............frustrating.

0 Likes
Not applicable

I'd like to help fix this problem with saving the ringtones.  Here's a link with steps to save a ringtone: How to save a ringtone.  Can those of you having the issue reply with the error message that you get when trying to save the ringtone? There are some general things to try such as pulling the battery from the phone and ensuring an SD card is inserted into the Droid 2.  If all else fails, and you're still getting this error message, V Cast Tones is an app that can be downloaded right to your device from the Market.

Another step you can try is clearing the cache of the text messaging app. Go to settings> applications> manage applications> all> text messaging> clear cache/clear data/force stop.  Please do the same for messaging.  Be aware that this may erase all of your messages and you'll likely need to set up your email again.

Please retest and let us know the results.  I tested this process out on my Droid 2, and it worked successfully. 

Thanks,

0 Likes