Can't make/receive calls or texts
brokenhallelujah19

I have an HTC Incredible that had been working perfectly until a couple days ago. Now everything works perfectly (wifi, 3g, apps) except phone calls and texts. I have service bars, but when I try to call a number it rings then switches to a Verizon message stating that there was "an error in processing the call." When I try to send a text it looks like its sending, but eventually craps out with an error box saying the message cannot be delivered. In the details I have gotten error codes 34 and 3 in these instances. I also cannot receive calls or texts. When I call my phone it just rings then goes to voice mail. I have tried calling *228 (both options) and factory resetting it. None of it has helped. Basically, at the moment I have a rather small tablet. I would like to have a functioning phone again. Any ideas?

0 Likes
Re: Can't make/receive calls or texts
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello brokenhallelujah19!

I'm hoping that since posting, you have been able to make and receive calls, as well as send messages, with your Incredible. If you are still having any issues with the service or phone, please follow me and send me a DM with your name and phone number. I'd love to help!

Christina B
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
pegala

i am having same issue and not getting any results

0 Likes
snugglesmacks2
Enthusiast - Level 3

I also can't make or receive texts, as of 30 minutes ago, in the middle of a text conversation. I can make calls, however. I've tried rebooting, and I have 4 bars.

Actually, I seem to be able to text other people, just not my boyfriend. This is a huge problem.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Snugglesmacks2,

I am concerned that you are not able to send text messages to your boyfriend. Are you getting any error messages as to why you're not able to send your boyfriend text messages? Please try a soft reset on your device by powering it off for a minute and back on, then test it by sending him a message. If you need further assistance, please let me know.

Thanks,
EdW_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey pegala,

Let's get you back up and running and keep those calls flowing.  What zip code are you having issues in? Does the issue primarily occur indoors or outdoors as well? How long has the been going on for?

Did you try dialing *228 and pressing option 2?  I would also try a soft reset,http://vz.to/17fDoid.  Keep us updated with results.

NicholasB_VZW

0 Likes
mjshuster1

>>Duplicate post removed to comply with the .  See <<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Jilliang17

I/we could not use our phones successfully AT ALL for 3 days. It JUST started to work correctly all together last night after my first 2 trips to Verizon stores proved useless as well as customer service over the phone. Verizon is the most expensive cell service provider and we pay more because we trusted that "They have the BEST coverage"...what is the use of that when I cannot use my phone at all, THERE IS A FIRE IN OUR CONDO 3 doors down from my own unit and ironically we all had Verizon phones and couldn't even call 911! I have physical disabilities (Thoracic Outlet Syndrome, R. Arthritis) and cannot be in the cold--I was outside for 45 minutes before the fire department even arrived because THEY (New Britain CT Fire Dept.) use your network too. I know that "shiIt happens" but not being able to call 911!? What really blows my mind is the fact that I have been told at 3 different local Verizons (1 being a corporate office on the berlin turnpike in newington CT) that "I will not receive any credit for my phone being useless for 3 days, and Verizon doesn't PLAN on doing anything for the hundreds of thousands affected". AND then our phones have been barely working right,  (until yesterday FINALLY) & having major delays in voicemails and texts. THIS IS BULLSHIT----I WILL be getting a report from the fire dept

0 Likes