Can't get music from Itunes to Droid via Mac?
molli555

I'm using my USB cord, do I have to take out my SD card and add it that way? new droid x user, not really loving it like i thought i would :smileysad:

0 Likes
Re: Can't get music from Itunes to Droid via Mac?
murraytl

either use "doubletwist" or "iTunes Agent"

0 Likes
ColoradoMike

No, you don't need to take out the SD card.  Plug your phone into the computer via the USB cable and once the computer recognizes the phone just drag the files out of iTunes into the Droid (file manager or Finder).  Now if you can figure out how to make them play please let me know.  I have tried VCast Media Manager, DoubleTwist, andLess, AudioPlayer, and something else I deleted; none of these worked.  I mostly get "file type not supported" message.

I'm not lovin' my X either at this point. 

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

The audio files is suppose to be able to be transferred with VCast Manager but I havent verified, iTunes MPV and files wsually will not play on the Droid X because of the security copyrights on the file, you can tranfer it to card by placing it in a extrenal card reader but the file will not play because the format of the file blocks the file from being played on any device but the devices that is allowed.  Also converting the files to a usuable format is a major pain also.

0 Likes
galaxie500fb
Contributor - Level 2
I downloaded a free app off the market called easy phone tools. Once installed on my phone the setup had a link to install a pc version as well. With this app I was able to easily add all my itunes music and videos. Every song that I have tried to play after the transfer has worked and the videos look great on the 4.3 inch screen. The videos were full divx movies and play just as well. I believe that it took just over an hour to transfer 800 songs and 5 or 6 full lenghts movies.
0 Likes
galaxie500fb
Contributor - Level 2
I forgot to add that I have a windows pc and can't recall if there was a software version supporting the mac. The only files I wasn't able to transfer were digital copies of movies that came with some blu ray movies I bought but any divx movie that I added to itunes were transferred and play wonderfully.
0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

I couldnt find "Easy Phone Tools" but I did find "Easy Phone Tunes" that appeaers to be what you are speaing of because its description does just as you reported.... BUT the application says " Works with tracks from the iTunes store (except copy protected tracks)" but the copyrighted files is the ones that everyone seems to be having issue with and it also does not say anything about handling Videos...   Is this the correct application name?

0 Likes
galaxie500fb
Contributor - Level 2
I apologize for inputting the wrong name. It is easy phone tunes. The videos I have are divx copies of full lenght feature films that I addedbto the itunes app and automatically got added to my phone when I ran the easy tunes program. Torrents I guess you would call them. Lol. I have never paid for a song. I would use music wizard and transfer them to my pc and add them to itunes as well. I have been adding tunes to my itunes account this way for the better part of a year. The easy tunes app just made it easy to add them to my phone which I just discovered the app over the past weekend. I did try double twist but it was clunky and not as easy to work with. I didn't realize that my divx movies would be added until after they were added and I only stumbled upon them as they were placed into the gallery folder on the phone.
0 Likes
galaxie500fb
Contributor - Level 2
When you say copy protected are you referring to songs purchased from itunes? I have never bought a tune off the itunes store. These music files I have are downloaded off the web and added to my itunes account.
0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Yes I am speaking of the files bought from iTunes, those files have copyright restrictions to avoid the files being copied to any other devices, if you are coping files that you created and added to the libray those files shouldnt give any issues coping, I copy those files all the time but I have a few videos and songs that was downloaded from iTunes and a few Digital Copy videos that also wont copy.   Oh well in the time that I am tring to figure out how to use these files, I can simply make my own digital copy..

Oh well, I  know what I will be doing later because I am giving up on figuring out a trick to do the videos also,,

0 Likes